HId headlight

stroke

Hey guys I have the 6000k hid coversion kit coming to me!! Do any of yall have any tips to where to mount the ballast and maybe some pics of how to make this process easier ? ANd maybe some stuff i should look out for before i start... should be getting this by next tuesday! Thanks guys

M

manas12

Search in the mods section. Lots of people have done this conversion.

stroke

ok so i got my HID kit installed today and i saw that the lo beam is a regular halogen light and its not HID unless i turn my high beam on? is this normal or should i be looking for another kit ?

phantomxc

Which kit did you buy? I don't know anything about those so I can't make any real suggestions... Just let us know which one to avoid :)

cbzdel

ok so i got my HID kit installed today and i saw that the lo beam is a regular halogen light and its not HID unless i turn my high beam on? is this normal or should i be looking for another kit ?
Thats the wrong kit, I have never even heard of a kit like that.. I have heard of a HID low beam and a halogen high beam but never what you described..

stroke

Thats the wrong kit, I have never even heard of a kit like that.. I have heard of a HID low beam and a halogen high beam but never what you described..
yea i have an HID bright and a halogen low coul i mayber have the wires crossed to where the HID should be coming on low and the halogen high? i mean its pretty cool having both because the halogen is easier seen during the day but i just didnt understand why it was the bright that was the HID

S

staticghost

Yeah you got the standard hid kit. I know you already bought it and all but if can return it and replace it with bi-xenon kit in where you got both high and low bulb all in one, and they are both HID's which are bright on low or high. Or you should just get a bi-xenon bulb since you already have the balaster. They cost a little more but are much better overall.

stroke

Yeah you got the standard hid kit. I know you already bought it and all but if can return it and replace it with bi-xenon kit in where you got both high and low bulb all in one, and they are both HID's which are bright on low or high. Or you should just get a bi-xenon bulb since you already have the balaster. They cost a little more but are much better overall.
will a different type of bulb work with the ballast hookup or does it have to be brand specific?

xplodnstar

cbzdel and I got our kits from DDM Tuning. It's a high/low kit that has a mechanism that refocuses the bulb for the hi-beam. It's a little more than the standard kit, but means that you don't have to wait for the other beam to warm up before it's useful.

Personally, I mounted the ballast under the "intake" plastics on the right side. It's stuck to the white fairing with double-stick tape with the black fairing mounted over it. This will keep it in place if the tape fails, and makes the "intake" useful since it will flow the air to keep the ballast cooler.

msgirle

HID lights

Definitely want to upgrade the light cuz it's useless right now! Which one is the correct one to buy...the $42.50 or the $70.00 one? Did anyone do a write up on how to install it? If so, please direct me to it.

Thanks!

Lori:D

Last edited: