Handle Bar Mirror?

nlpyle

Ok, so i have been thinking about trying this. I would like to remove the mirrors on the bike and just have bar mirrors. My question is, does anyone know if there are mirror caps to put over the mirror holes. I have some mirror caps just not for our bike. I just don't want some empty holes up front but if there are caps I could put on then I might actually do it. The stock mirrors don't really do me much help. I'm 6'3 and 240lbs. not a small guy so when i'm riding all i see are arms. But always like to hear what my fellow riders think. You all seem to have good ideas.
So what ya think?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe there are any caps available at this time, but I think someone was considering trying to make some.

The only real problem that I have with using bar-end mirrors on this bike is that you have to look pretty low to see the ends of the bars. This causes you to take your eyes off and away from the road and what's in front of you. And it seems far enough away that peripheral vision is also taken out of the equation. So it ends up being a split second where you have very limited vision to the front when you would want to look in the mirrors. That's just enough time for trouble to pop up unexpectedly.

cbzdel

I am pretty sure ebay has some universal yamaha ones that work for different models, they have bolts that side on the underside to fit the locations your are looking for..

never seen the FZ6R with a mirror off so not sure how large of an area needs to be hidden though..

thats where I would start though..

Les us know how it works out, mayeb you can order an XJ6 set up and keep it in the family :)

nlpyle

Good points 99vengeur, we will see what they look like first before I remove the old ones, that is if i can find caps.
cbzdel ya i will keep looking. Cycle gear just has a set on sale right now and that is what got this whole idea popping in my head. Thanks my friends for the responses.

cbzdel

I wasnt even thinking bar end mirrors, I was thinking bar mounted mirrors hmmm.. yeah bar end mirrors would be way to low IMO..

nlpyle

now ya got me thinking :confused: these mirrors i was looking at look like you just clamp them at the end of your handle bars. What were you thinking about?

Bigevildoer

Have you checked out this site?
They've got a whack of different options... too bad they're so freakin' expensive!!!

Mirrors for Motorcycles

cbzdel

I was thinking something like this, either mounted directly to the bar or fabbing something up...

nlpyle

good link Bigevildoer but ya not what i was looking to spend for some mirrors. I really did like a set on there but of course they have to over a hundred bucks. oh well, but thanks again.
cbzdel now i like that option and that might work, the ones i was looking at were clamped on the end of the bars. I "would" like to remove those mirrors up front, they just look like sort of funny, sorta like an alien. Just thought I would throw the idea out there and i like what i have gotten back. Where are those mirrors from cbzdel?