Greetings from a future FZ6R owner

nomen cognomen

Greetings from NJ!

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a fairly new rider. I have one year of experience riding 50cc, 125cc, and 250cc bikes. Granted, I only got my license a couple weeks ago... but I immediately enrolled myself in a BRC MSF course for the end of May.

This will be my first 600cc bike. I'm expecting to pick up a white FZ6R within the next two weeks. I love white bikes in general and I love the black tribal it sports. I'm not too partial at all on the pink, and I say this as a girl, but I'm willing to suck it up. No worries, I will not take it out on the big streets at all until I've finished the MSF course (Is it okay to take it if you've already got a license?). I'm more than happy to practice evasive maneuvers and quick stops in my giant backyard parking lot ;)

I've been lurking on this forum for about a month and a half and I was sad that there was no FZ6R subforum. Thankfully, jdesiano1 over on another forum pointed me in this direction :thumbup:

Sorry for the winded introduction. I'm very excited to meet you all and I'm delighted to have stumbled into our very own subforum with such helpful people. It's also a bonus that there's a fair amount of women on this board too. Let's all help each other out :D

J

jtarkany

:welcome: Yes, it's a good idea to take the course even if you already have your license.

Ride safe :thumbup:.

L

LERecords

:welcome:

welcome to the forum.. good luck on your purchase.. remember to post up lots of picture when you get the bike.. oh and RIDE SAFE!!!! :thumbup:

fz6rwolf

Ya know if it wasn't for the pink wouldn't mind riding the white myself even though it's the "girl" color LOL.

xplodnstar

Just paint red over the pink with a really small brush.

C

Chris

Hi and :welcome:! I'm glad so many girls are joining the forum! And I say this as a boy...:D Ride safe:thumbup:

O-turn

Partier
Hola!

Very good idea to take the MSF, youll learn alot.

nomen cognomen

Thanks a lot to everyone for the warm welcome. I feel at home already.

I'm stopping by the dealer again today with my father and uncle so they can do a test ride. They're cruiser folks, but they both love the FZ6R already based on its aesthetics. They have connections with the dealer so we've been slowly working the OTD price lower and lower. I'm just waiting on my riding boots to come in the mail so I can test ride it myself.

I'll definitely put up pictures when I get it. It won't be as amazing and modded out as everyone else's, but that'll come with time =]

nomen cognomen

I was shopping around earlier for insurance quotes. I've only called two so far.
Rider insurance: $1,800
Allstate: $3,000!!!

I stopped there because every other company just started doing motorcycle insurance so they're going to be around Allstate's price.

Oh man... I'm in love with the FZ6R and I'm ready to move on from a 250, but as a 20-year old med student... $1,800 is doable, but not a wise investment on top of my other expenses. And I can only ride it from April-October in NJ before the cold and winter kicks in.

My 250 is only around $500 a year.

It breaks my heart to ask this, but fellow riders,
should I hold off on the FZ6R?

L

LERecords

I was shopping around earlier for insurance quotes. I've only called two so far.
Rider insurance: $1,800
Allstate: $3,000!!!

I stopped there because every other company just started doing motorcycle insurance so they're going to be around Allstate's price.

Oh man... I'm in love with the FZ6R and I'm ready to move on from a 250, but as a 20-year old med student... $1,800 is doable, but not a wise investment on top of my other expenses. And I can only ride it from April-October in NJ before the cold and winter kicks in.

My 250 is only around $500 a year.

It breaks my heart to ask this, but fellow riders,
should I hold off on the FZ6R?

call dairyland.. i pay $550 a year for an fz6.. my moms works for allstate and even she says its a rip off.. state farm is good, but usually you have to have something else registerd (car, house, etc).. progressive and geico are also expensive... good luck...

http://www.sentry.com/DairylandInsurance/Default.aspx

MNDZA

Try State Farm. Everyone else quoted me between 1500 and 2700, but State Farm matched the same coverage for about 400 a year.

nomen cognomen

Try State Farm. Everyone else quoted me between 1500 and 2700, but State Farm matched the same coverage for about 400 a year.
Wow, that's crazy! What a gap. I only hope that I can have the same luck as you.

I called up Progressive and got 2100 and I'm currently waiting for State Farm to call me back. State Farm's my last hope. If the quote is over 1000, I'm just going to stick with my 250 for another year or two. The agent at Allstate told me it'd cost 300 less if I was able to legally drink :beer:

fz6rwolf

I went with Markel, cheapest I could find at about $800 a year, everyone else was over $1400. They pretty much only do bikes.

L

LERecords

Wow, that's crazy! What a gap. I only hope that I can have the same luck as you.

I called up Progressive and got 2100 and I'm currently waiting for State Farm to call me back. State Farm's my last hope. If the quote is over 1000, I'm just going to stick with my 250 for another year or two. The agent at Allstate told me it'd cost 300 less if I was able to legally drink :beer:
look girly.. im not being mean so dont take this the wrong way... welcome to the wonderful world of motorcycle insurance.. my mother has been working for allstate for 34 years and trust me.. you would be amazingly shocked if you really knew.. allstate, progressive, geico will all be so high and your throwing your money away if you have them.. state farm is great, a little high, but still a good value.. dairyland is the same coverage for cheaper.. there are others, but go to the dealer or call them and ask them for some ideas.. thats what i did and got a local insurance agent.. i pay $550 a year for an fz6.. you just need to shop around a bit... its good your asking people who have motorcycle insureance, but if your still unsure then ask the dealer, they sell bikes right ;)... they know where to get good insurance locally...your going to pay a bit due to your age, but honestly, no more than $800... if your paying more than your getting ripped... good luck :thumbup: