GMR Sat 12-4-2010 SO CAL

Killer Banana

Started a new thread so this would get attention. All you so cal guys and gals.. lets ride Glendora Mountain Road this Saturday Evening. Meet at 2:30pm at the mobil Station on Azusa ave. Just north of the 210. All skill levels welcome. Post up if you're coming!

Detrich

Dang, I'm already going Sunday with SCAR... Was thinking about waking up early and hitting the snow Saturday...

Do you normally take the Azusa Canyon reservoir bridge over to GMR or just from Sierra Madre? GMR from Sierra looks mighty twisty...

Killer Banana

I go up Azusa Canyon then across the bridge and connect to gmr. The long sweeping stuff on the Azusa side makes for a nice little warm up then it's in to the fun tight stuff!

Detrich

cool, cool... i will definitely go with you one of these days- maybe next time. but, i sorta already mapped out my weekend...

sat
snowboarding
wash car
car meet

sun
scar ride
gm driving event
dinner w/ family

somewhere in there, i'll find to sleep :p

edit: it looks like it might rain Sunday... i might move things around, depending on weather. if so, maybe i'll come. i'll check in here if i do...

Last edited:

Killer Banana

lol. well as of now it looks like it would just be you and me. I'm off work at 1 tomorrow so i'll shoot home and check on here. I'm in Arcadia if you just want to meet somewhere local and head out there.

Detrich

Couldn't wake up to go boarding this AM... lol xP.

I still need to get back this PM for enough daylight to wash & detail my car a bit before tonight's car meet. So, I'm going to do a quick solo Azusa run now before it gets too cloudy & windy...

If weather permits I should be free next Sunday...

flyingminno

Aw dang, I didn't see this thread until today, or I would have joined in. Let me know or just shoot me a PM when you plan it next!

b_who

Hey killer bannana besure to post the next time ur gonna do this I'm down to go even though its like a 55 min ride to get jus to the gas station haha

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Detrich

the GM driving event at Santa Anita was pretty fun... other than Cadillac, all the GM product line was there. got to test drive a chevy Volt, which is suprisingly quiet and smooth. the best part was the corvette, camaro, and mustangs- all which feel very heavy on the auto-cross, but still have very precise handling despite their weight. the vette's long nose tho feels like u're driving a boat tho... <lol>

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Detrich

i took a bunch of photos... let me upload :) stand by