FZ-09 Technical Review (CycleWorld)

abyss1406

I still want :(

sammy56

I so want one....
Maybe in six years when I turn 50, there will be one with a bikini fairing and some touring options!!!
We'll see.....

LB

RoadTrip

Well if this naked can't get some buyers, then I guess that really proves Americans don't want this kind of bike. I mean the specs, price, and new technology sound amazing.

abyss1406

im a fan of naked bikes and hooligans but this thing is ugly, but fitting

xleeb0y13x

The suspension really looks like a step up for the price range. Should be fun in the twistys.

Sent while running with scissors.

Alex6

talking about the nekkid style, I think Z1000 would be a better choice in every aspect.
discuss...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

Other than the obvious very good power and reasonable weight of the FZ09, the ergos seems fantastic to me. More leg room and higher bars, set up great for commuting and touring.
I rode the Ninja 1000 a couple years ago and I did love the power...really great "get up and go," but it was very buzzy....deal breaker for me. Assuming that the FZ1 is not buzzy like that, I am certain that would love it, but I would still prefer more upright ergos.
Check out the stats on the distance to foot pegs and bars and you'll see what I am referring to with respect to the FZ09.

LB

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

sammy56

Reading about it for specs and pricing, I would love to get one.. ONLY thing keeping me from trading in on one is that it is missing atleast a partial fairing and windscreen.

To make it do able for me, I would need a fairing/windshield atleast similiar to the FZ1. That bike will not be one to take on the super slab or longer distance higher speed rides. You will tire relatively quickly.
I completely agree about the partial (bikini) fairing and a short windscreen, but I am hopeful that such an option becomes available in the years ahead....will be very tough for me not to pull the trigger if/when that happens.

LB

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

latony007

agree

I agree with everyone, this looks like its got some great performance advantages over our bike, however It is not to great looking and definitely needs a fairing version. Im curious as to how it would compare to the street triple which ive had the chance to ride a couple times.