front suspension upgrade

angelsneverlose

Price?

Will these make the bike handel much better/confident on the track? Ill be going about 4 times next year! Possibly even entering a rookie race or 2... but the suspension deff made everything squirrly at times! and the front would compress drastically when stopping or downshifting from highspeed

Does anyone know a way to move the pegs up/back? Someone told me the part with the pegs is interchangeable with the R6S, any thruth to this??

Hellgate

Race Tech gear is very good and the best bang for the buck you can do. Springs are about $99 to $109, emulators about $189, Rear spring about $109. The shock rebuild is a bit more cost but well worth it. With the front and back end mods your bike will be a totally different animal.

Give 'em a call, nice folks.

angelsneverlose

Race Tech gear is very good and the best bang for the buck you can do. Springs are about $99 to $109, emulators about $189, Rear spring about $109. The shock rebuild is a bit more cost but well worth it. With the front and back end mods your bike will be a totally different animal.

Give 'em a call, nice folks.
did you do this upgrade already? Review?:)

cbzdel

Hellgate

did you do this upgrade already? Review?:)
Yes and no. I did the RT springs and 20 wt oil first, then I replaced the stock FZ6 forks with R6 forks, very, very nice. For the shock I installed the Ohlins twin clicker. The bike was night and day. It tracked over bumps much better, I could run softer settings. Not cheap but very effective. :)

angelsneverlose

awesome, good to know... sounds like if i wanted ot bring the fz6r to the track 5 times like im planning next year... i should prolly invest and do this upgrade! Should help a ton

Now, if only we could raise or relocate the pegs! They are huge preventions from laying the bike over and is why i may be foced to sell/buy track bike instead :(. Yamaha made a big mistake witht those/location...

Hellgate

I saw your vid, were you dragging peg? Your looked okay to me. I was dragging on my FZ6 and ended up installing some rearset set back plates, they solved the problem. Not sure if anyone makes any for your bike.

A good and properly set up suspension will get you around the track faster than any motor work. Oh and good tires too. Not sure what the stock tires are but I'm sure they're not really up for the track.

angelsneverlose

I saw your vid, were you dragging peg? Your looked okay to me. I was dragging on my FZ6 and ended up installing some rearset set back plates, they solved the problem. Not sure if anyone makes any for your bike.

A good and properly set up suspension will get you around the track faster than any motor work. Oh and good tires too. Not sure what the stock tires are but I'm sure they're not really up for the track.
thanks, tires were horrible for track... almost drifting around turns and would not hook up very well! As i have warned people in my review thread, you need to upgrad the tires at a min to go to the track... our stockers IMO were borderline unsafe to push hard at all. Even an instructor tried my bike (everyone loved it and was so curious about it), and decided the tires far from grippy enough for track use

and i was dragging peg ALOT, it was a pain in the ass, as people have said, ours are simply to low or something. 2 turns on the track, no matter what i did, i was hitting the peg! Instructor did as well, so it was just my riding position...

the instuctor rode for 3 laps to see if the problems ive mentioned were from my skill lvl, or the bike... turned out to be the bike

what are these 'rear set' set back plates?? Would they fit ours?? ANYONE KNOW?? This could save me from buying a whole new bike for the track new year!

Hellgate

From the brief view of your position in the vid you need to get off the seat more, and move you upper body out and lower. You want your face to be where your mirror is. See Ben Spies photos. That will lower you center of gravity and allow your bike to be more upright = less peg drag.

If you keep your bike for the track it sounds like you may need to just get a complete set of rearsets. The frame on the R is totally different from the 6 so the set back plates will not work.

The pegs must be much lower on the R than the 6, I was cranking pretty good before they were dragging.

Did you remove the peg feelers?

Sorry to T/J Joloy! :eek:

angelsneverlose

From the brief view of your position in the vid you need to get off the seat more, and move you upper body out and lower. You want your face to be where your mirror is. See Ben Spies photos. That will lower you center of gravity and allow your bike to be more upright = less peg drag.

If you keep your bike for the track it sounds like you may need to just get a complete set of rearsets. The frame on the R is totally different from the 6 so the set back plates will not work.

The pegs must be much lower on the R than the 6, I was cranking pretty good before they were dragging.

Did you remove the peg feelers?

Sorry to T/J Joloy! :eek:
would removing the feelers give me more room? would that be smart to remove them?

and thanks for the comment about my position, i was working really hard on that and later in the day i did notice i was off the bike alot more and the pegs wasn't as big of an issue, but it still would hit sometimes just because there so low compared to all the other bikes at the track

there was even a fz6 there, but they were able to lay way further over... i dont know if they had the relocation kit or what...