FOR SALE: 2006 Yamaha FJR1300 ABS - $7,900 (San Diego)

HER2009

This bike is in excellent condition. All stock. 13,700 miles. I am the original owner; garage kept; meticulously maintained. I’m only selling it because I bought an FZ6R! :eek:

If interested, please call 858-485-7413 or email [email protected].

HER2009 (Judi)

HER2009

It's time to downsize. I've ridden this bike for 4 years and it's been great but I want a bike I can ride anywhere without having to call a "valet" (usually hubby) to park it or move it for me. I'm only 5'3" tall, petite, and not getting any younger. I just want a smaller bike. :eek:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

HER2009

Both bikes are great but different; their strengths are in different areas.

Here’s my two cents (in the current economy, it’s not worth much ;)

FJR:
Superb for long distance and freeway riding; weight of the bike contributes to a very smooth, unwavering ride, especially when riding at higher speeds and in freeway traffic and/or in windy conditions. Great touring bike.
Fun on the twisties, easy to maneuver but not as quick and nimble as the FZ6R.
Best feature that the FZ6R doesn’t have: electric windshield (I miss that).
If you're above average in height and weight, the FJR is a really great bike. It can also pull two-up, no problem. It is truly a sport-touring bike; it does both well.

FZ6R:
Excellent for riding anywhere but best on the twisties on those mountain roads. Much lighter weight than the FJR, which allows a lot easier handling in the tight spots. A true sport bike. Very east to ride.
Best feature: smaller, lighter size makes it quicker and more nimble than the FJR. Much easier for a smaller, shorter person to handle when stopping.
It does throw off a little heat that the FJR does not.