florida reflector law

ninjavillain

316.415 Reflectors.—Every motorcycle and motor-driven cycle shall carry on the rear, either as part of the taillamp or separately, at least one red reflector. A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.

Source: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

They will get us riders on this. Make sure u have at least 1 reflector bike came with 3.

RandiZ

Used to live in FL

I used to live in Florida and rode there. Yes, the cops will get you on this. And considering how many Florida roads have no lights and lots of drainage ditches along the sides of them I recommend it. Cars can come up fast behind you and fast.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

I have the reflector license plate hardware. Ah, also the top case has a reflector. I did remove the side marker... Wheel stripe are way more visible... and look much better!
This is quite interesting my vulcan 900 doesn't have anything on the rear of the bike like that... and it's completely stock, I guess I'll have to get some red reflective tape and put it across the license plate or something....

anson650

Could this be a response to clear tail lens? Hmm?
I used to live in Winter Park, still visit relatives. Planning to ride there in May, Tarpon, Gainesville, and Indian Harbor Beach
Anson

BoneJj

Could this be a response to clear tail lens? Hmm?
I used to live in Winter Park, still visit relatives. Planning to ride there in May, Tarpon, Gainesville, and Indian Harbor Beach
Anson
it could very well be that... I can foresee this just being one of those tickets where if a cop wants to be a dick he can be kind of things... I haven't been pulled over on any of the bike I ride yet though. knocks on wood.

I stopped the speeding all over the place years ago... I just don't see the point anymore, big deal if I get there 5 minutes faster, it's costing me more to get there those 5 minutes faster. I'm too cheap anymore to want to pay for the extra gas, let along the ticket it's going to get me... A friend of mine just got a nasty ticket for doing 86 in a 70, now he's got to pay 250 just for the ticket and I'm sure there will be a bunch of fees involved in it as well. It's not often cops will pull you over for anything else so that's why I mention the speeding...

BoneJj

I use to live in Pinellas park by Clearwater and cops there would do what ever to be able to ticket/fine you
That's why you do all that you can to not give them a reason... They can't pull you over without a reason.

BoneJj

You haven't been to Pinellas park have you? Lol. They pull you over for looking at them. Or even wearing the wrong colors.
out of all the times I've been on that coast I haven't been pulled over once...

traverser

This is quite interesting my vulcan 900 doesn't have anything on the rear of the bike like that... and it's completely stock, I guess I'll have to get some red reflective tape and put it across the license plate or something....
Most stock tails actually have a reflective material inside of them. Shine a light at it with it off at night, and you'll see what I'm suggesting. I think this is a trick to give a ticket to anyone who swaps their tails, and does a fender eliminator.