First ride: Triumph Dayonta 675, wow.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Last edited:

latony007

This weekend we finally had a break in the weather. My buddy and I picked up his 675 last week on one of the coldest days, but we got it done.

Saturday we went out, he threw me the keys as we always swap bikes whether he took mine for a spin and I rode his old 650R, or we swapped GSX-R for his British Beauty. Anyways, the 675 is awesome!

The brakes are AWESOME, the stainless steel lines from the factory make a massive difference, I can only imagine what the Brembo's are like on the 675R. The bike is a bit taller feeling than my 750, but it was not hard to get used to, and for me being a short rider the 675 felt more comfortable while riding !! I was pretty surprised. I had less wrist and back fatique on the 675 than on my 750.

Power wise, the gsxr definitely feels much more powerful especially down low. The 675 doesn't like to be held below 4k rpm without feeling sluggish, whereas the 750 feels great from 2k up. There may also be some break in still to go on the 675 as it only has 2200 miles. Up top power is similar but I still feel the 750 has more guts, but obviously we are talking about big, powerful bikes regardless.

I will very seriously consider the 675 for my next bike!
No one cares how it compares to your gixr :)
how about against the fz6r! A ton more power? the ergos are super sport like the gixr right? my nephew has a street triple that is an awesome bike just ugly.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

Lol

Vs. the FZ6R:

Faster, duh.
WAY more aggressive riding position.
Brakes aren't comparable.
Handles very well, can be flicked around.
Smooth shifter, great engagement, good clutch.
Very narrow.
Not as cumbersome, feels light.

One thing that this bike is missing is a slipper clutch.

"not as cumbersome, feels light" is something i would like for sure. i will have to get on one, dont have many dealers around though.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

Honestly most bikes feel that way compared to the FZ6R lol. I don't think you'd like the aggressive feel of the Daytona based on your previous posts.
as far as the riding position? yeah id agree, but it sure is a sweet looking bike. Maybe they will make an old dude riding position eventually :)
the street triple is a little worse than the 6r but not like an SS. I really just wish they would make the street triple with fairings. I sat on the FZ-09 as well and was not impressed aesthetically (sorry Marthy :) it was really naked naked. the gauges stick out like a sore thumb and it just looks like a million bolts from the side (as most naked do) the one thing i did like about it was the seat is very narrow so your not really lower but have more foot on the ground.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Cerebus

If I could do a SS, it would be a Daytona 675R. As is, the Street Triple R is on my short list for an upgrade comes spring 2015.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member