F1 Australian Grand Prix

Nelly

Nelly

They were the best days of F1 when all of the driving was done with pure skill with one hand steering while the other changed gear not like today where they have everything on the steering wheel.

Bring back slicks and NO team orders.:banghead:

I have not watched F1 for sometime now cos it just got BORING.Money and technology is just killing the sport. :rant:
Wouldn't it be good to see how fast Mansell and the likes would be in last years cars.
I beleive there is an old pro-s series although I have not seen it?

F

finboz

bring back the six wheelers, before my time as im just a youngster but they looked bonkers

tyrell p34

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GewFbY0zz8&feature=related"]YouTube - Onboard Tyrrell P34 (6 wheels f1 car)[/ame]

F

finboz

the tyrell is a grandprix winning machine where as the march was a scalextric grand prix winner (i own a green one) and only had success in short hill climbs.

F

finboz

even worse, didnt make an impact on f1 or scalextric :p

2-4-0 or fw08 easy mistake to make :confused:

F

fast blue one

I hope Lewis Hamilton as he is Britains best chance. :rockon:
I just get fed up hearing about Lewis Hamilton, nothing against him but he is from round this way and everyone seems to want to make some sort of claim on him right down to naming a street after him.

Nelly

I just get fed up hearing about Lewis Hamilton, nothing against him but he is from round this way and everyone seems to want to make some sort of claim on him right down to naming a street after him.
I agree, road naming is for legends. When Senna first drove for Mclaren he lived 10 minutes down the road from where I live now this was in the 80's. When he died they changed the name of the road. They have named the road Ayrton Senna Close. That means some thing. When I go by it I always stop just to think of the enjoyment he gave me as a fan. I actually despised him at the time as I was a Mansell fan. I never thought of him as anything other than the ultimate professional driver.
Lewis has just FRO and left his roots squarley behind. Now I want the guy to win, but dont leave because of alleged media attention. Tell the truth I want to go to a tax haven as I am a greedy feecker end of.

grommit

even worse, didnt make an impact on f1 or scalextric :p

2-4-0 or fw08 easy mistake to make :confused:
This car out-classed the rest of the field in winter testing in '81, as a result of its four rear wheel drive and was consequently banned by the FIA before the 1982 season even began! In fact, the FW08B still holds the lap record around the Goodwood circuit to this day! It is a fine example of Williams F1's history of breaking new ground in engineering.