could not

W

whatever

get
the front right side brake pads back in the right side calipers to save my life.

there must me a trick to getting them back i tried everything .

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bmw675

oh boy, let me know how you fix this... I'll be doing mine next payday....

Did you compress them? C-clamps work on my cages calipers, not sure if it will on the bike.
c clamps do work great on cars, just be careful if it has abs.
you need to crack the bleeder otherwise the force from the clamp can fowl up the abs sensor.

maybe the bleeder needs to be cracked on the bike to get the piston in a bit more.

W

whatever

boy they sure fell out easy enough.... the pistons are pushed back...... that's not the problem.

i cannot get the pads to fall into there tracks for some reason.... and i have a shop manual but not to good at showing how to replace the pads.

they just keep hanging up and fall out kind of mind blowing im just driving tomorow to the shop close by using the back brake.... only about 1 1/2 half and i can take side streets just about.

the triple tree stand worked great, but i did have to remove the horn and the metal bracket for the one front brake line.
just use one of my blinkers to keep the cages on there toes...... if one comes up behind me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:
W

whatever

nope there is no pins.... there are some clip but they are on the calipers.... the pads go in on some king of a angle just can't seem to figure it out.

they slide in a grove just can't seem to figure it out.

might try later had to let it go for awhile, had to pull the wheel and fix the forks so was little bit of work all at the same time.

my 699 pro grips came today so i pickup some hair spray..... so later i need to replace the bracket for the brake line install the horn and the grips i might play with the pads alittle not sure.

must be easy just not using the right procedure.

72racer

Elite Member
W

whatever

i was just putting back the oem after i removed the front wheel...... and the right side pads fell out on me.

well the bracket for the brake line back on and the horn.... you have to remove both when you use a triple tree stand.

and the grips.... couple things i learned the pro grips thottle side is a little longer i cut off about 1/4 inch or more because it was longer then stock ...........you do not have to cut them there is extra room even tho aftermarket grips look little longer..... now there small gap but not bad.

if anybody ever wants to buy a triple tree stand are pin size on the bike is 21mm. i was lucky to get the woodcraft stand because when my fork tubes pushed up 2 1/4 inches there was not alot room between the under headlight and fender...... put this stand is adjustable and pivots..... if you goggle woocraft stands you will see what i mean.

never did look at the right side brake caliper might just take little 1 mile ride and have a tech look at it... must likley take him less then 10 mins.

lot extra stress for just lossen the 2 triple tree bolts.... but shit happens.......since i live in new york aleast i got done before it starts to snow. lol

W

whatever

took little walk in the garage.... wanted to make sure the left side caliper was tq,.....took off the right side caliper and with the pads for about 10 mins said no way this is wacked... made sure the piston were in all the way so i can drive it to the shop tomorow.

that's one of those jobs you have to know the right way to go about it.... i will try to watch the tech tomorow if possible.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

W

whatever

use to race motorcross and did some ice racing.......... will be no problem at all...... not to brag but ones i placed 2nd in the 250cc motorcross class and there were 140 riders.

i wil ride the sidewalk if i have too. lol let you know tomorow if i make it.

owned about 25 bikes or so.