CBR 600 vs YZF R6 Opinions?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Alex6

My next bike will be one of the following: ninja 1000 (first choice), z1000, or fz1.

Sent from the one and only Samsung Galaxy S4.
Have you shopped for insurance on those? In my case the premiums for the same coverages are FZ1 = Z1000 = 2 * Ninja 1000. And Ninja 1000 is almost identical to Z1000 plus plastic...

dx2killa

I do like the 636 but im going to be sticking with honda or yamaha right now as I have good connections with the dealer I got my previous bike from. Right now leaning towards the CBR600rr . Who knows when i go there may talk me into something bigger but im trying to keep price similar to what my bike was as well so yea thanks for opinions guys, good seeing what other people are looking at :p

danieljardim

one thing that turned me out of the ninja bikes were insurance. Here in Jersey, if it has the Ninja badge on it, it will be very expensive.

fz6r = 300 year
ninja 650 = 2000 year

ninja 1000 = 3000 year
ducati :eek: = 600 year :confused:

they must not like ninjas here.

dx2killa

one thing that turned me out of the ninja bikes were insurance. Here in Jersey, if it has the Ninja badge on it, it will be very expensive.

fz6r = 300 year
ninja 650 = 2000 year

ninja 1000 = 3000 year

Lol wow ive never quoted a ninja yet except for when i had my little 250 lol. But yea i like ninjas im just sticking to what ill get the best deal on :)

applejax

fz6r = 300 year
ninja 650 = 2000 year

ninja 1000 = 3000 year

Or.... Better yet ....

BMW 1000rr = 300 full coverage a year.

Alex6

Or.... Better yet ....

BMW 1000rr = 300 full coverage a year.
You need to compare the premiums for the SAME level of the coverages in the SAME market/age/driving history. We have no idea what level of protection and any other variables were used by the previous poster to get the final price.

Grumpy

If you where choosing between only the R6 and the CBR. I would get the CBR, much better street bike between the two of them hands down.

applejax

You need to compare the premiums for the SAME level of the coverages in the SAME market/age/driving history. We have no idea what level of protection and any other variables were used by the previous poster to get the final price.
I'm assuming that Daniel is using rider since he is located in NJ as well. They have a discount for being over 35 for a sports bike and discounts for non-sport bikes under 35 year old

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

danieljardim

I'm assuming that Daniel is using rider since he is located in NJ as well. They have a discount for being over 35 for a sports bike and discounts for non-sport bikes under 35 year old
I do have rider insurance,

When I had the quotes done, all levels of coverage, insurance, premiuns, deductible and blah blah blah were the same.

For whatever reason, ninjas were always absurdly higher than anything else.

We must HATE ninjas in Jersey. Ninjas are NOT welcome here.

Alex6

I do have rider insurance,

When I had the quotes done, all levels of coverage, insurance, premiuns, deductible and blah blah blah were the same.

For whatever reason, ninjas were always absurdly higher than anything else.

We must HATE ninjas in Jersey. Ninjas are NOT welcome here.
Agree on Ninja. :mad:
I was refering to the poster with the BMW quote.

dx2killa

If I'm able to be reinsured im looking at 1200 for full coverage on cbr600rr for a year from rider.. 2200 from progessive.. still looking around

RoadTrip

Yeah, when shopping a new bike, insurance is the big gotcha. I am perfectly happy with my GSXR600, but shopped the GSXR1000 over past couple of days to revisit this potential move before end of current 0% financing special. Yeah, still ridiculous insurance (GSXR600=$600; GSXR1000=$1600), WTF! I will be keeping the Sixxer, it gets the job done, at a whole lot cheaper cost of ownership.