Bunching Up On The Rear

buzzbomb

Elite Member

monstermike4343

Elite Member

FastFreddy

You can lean towards the inside mirror from that position to put more weight on the front (good for turn in or decreasing radius corner). The rear weight sit up position seems to work well in slow turns and when powering out of turns and when steady in long turns. Have a go.

This vid shows Schwantz with the sit back style and Rainey with the head forwards.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkAKiw2jhF8]Kevin Schwantz Vs Wayne Rainey - Suzuka 1989 - YouTube[/ame]

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

You can lean towards the inside mirror from that position to put more weight on the front (good for turn in or decreasing radius corner). The rear weight sit up position seems to work well in slow turns and when powering out of turns and when steady in long turns. Have a go.

This vid shows Schwantz with the sit back style and Rainey with the head forwards.
Kevin Schwantz Vs Wayne Rainey - Suzuka 1989 - YouTube
back when racers were real men, not like these spoiled brats today that make excuses why they can't ride the bike/it's the bikes fault. there was a time when it was their job to make the bike work and not blame everyone else why you're not riding well :mad: pointing at you Rossi

RoadTrip

I have recently found myself body forward during tight cornering with inside elbow and knee pointing the way through the corner, not just down toward the ground, it happens during the last half of the corner and gives the finish a real clean controlled feeling. I have experimented with aggressive hanging/upright bike, Isle of Man subtle style with more centered body, and now I am somewhere in between.

I kinda subscribe to the ride more philosophy, it has taken me a whole lot of miles to develop my current style, it may not be perfect, but it feels clean and controlled, and I believe it is in the ballpark of prescribed body position.

One last tip is if you have to ride a couple of hours to hit the best twisties, then take a break before you enter that best area, stretch your legs, get filled up on a nice sugary drink, etc. Really helps to have your muscles and mind at their peak during the tightest cornering, sucks if your mind or core are fatigued, I mean you rode all that way, make it count.

buzzbomb

Elite Member