Bad Day!!

cbzdel

I was late to work to begin with.. I pull up to to the office, and I park with a curb on my left and turn the handlebars to the locking position. take off all of my gear and the sprinkler system turns on. WHAT? Since when did we get one of those and why it spraying my and my bike, so I decide to run my gear inside so it doesnt get all wet.. BUT I cant leave my key in my bike so I grab the key.. Oops.. I drop it and it falls into my fairing....

Great, so I let my bike sit there in a messed up sprinkler or I can fish around for the key and get soaked in the process... And I couldnt roll the bike out of the way because it was at full lock with a curb to the left...

Problem solved, kick the sprinkler head and break it.. Done, my boss is the owner of the building so he will understand and I will repair it myself...

I had to take the whole left side fairing off just to get to the key, BUT then in the process I found out that my HID high/low box that I mounted to a plate on the side of the frame fell off, the double sided tape they provided must of been low quality because it didnt even feel sticky anymore, so now another thing to deal with...

:endrant:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, man! That sucks! At least it shouldn't be too hard to fix. They say things happen for a reason. You dropping the key allowed to you discover that your HID box had come loose. Had you not taken the fairing off, you may have never known and it could have possibly been strained and cause an electrical short.

As I began reading it, I thought you had dropped the bike. :eek: I was glad to re-read it and realize that you dropped the key into the fairing. lol :rolleyes:

Good job on the quick thinking to remove the problem (sprinkler head) than to fish for the key.

Wolfman

lol, you poor bugger, would of been sorta funny to wtch, but not so funny to endure.

:eek:

Guess you'll be lubing your chain tonight when you get home.

F

FZ1inNH

Good Lord! It's only water. :D I thought you were going to say it dropped, fell, someone backed over it, etc....

You know, we do ride these in the rain too, right? ;) Sorry that day started out so crappy but I hope the ride home is fantastic!

MNDZA

Damn! What a crappy chain of bad luck! Sorry to hear it, but at least it wasn't anything too serious. When I saw "bad day" I was like....uh oh hope something horrible didn't happen.

cbzdel

Good Lord! It's only water. :D I thought you were going to say it dropped, fell, someone backed over it, etc....

You know, we do ride these in the rain too, right? ;) Sorry that day started out so crappy but I hope the ride home is fantastic!
Yeah its only water, but if it was raining I would of been wearing rain gear and not a business suite lol...

Imagine a guy with a full suite on and penny loafers doing this.. It was like something straight out of office space :thumbup:

F

FZ1inNH

Yeah its only water, but if it was raining I would of been wearing rain gear and not a business suite lol...

Imagine a guy with a full suite on and penny loafers doing this.. It was like something straight out of office space :thumbup:
Whoa.... what? Wait! What about ATGATT? ;) So the gear you took inside, is it all "over" gear, jacket, pants, etc?

Now the visual just got a TON better! Thanks! I'm just happy it didn't end with "damage" and "insurance" and "....so I smashed the dude in the face!" :D

GoGreen09

CB - post something when you get home. Your day SHOULD get better!:D

CharlieR

Sorry your day started bad but it could have been worse. I came out this morning and mine was on its side. Someone backed into it in the lot ,knocked it over and left. :( Grey paint and small dent on left side bracket where pass foot peg mounts, slight scuffs on the mirror, bar end and signal. :mad: :mad: Of course mine could have been worse to.

F

fz6nick

office space = :rockon:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmNTAvnSais]YouTube - Daniel Powter-Bad Day (lyrics)[/ame]

moto-x

I've got a good one for ya. My wife suprised me with a brand new Raven FZ6R, an early fathers day present. I ride it one day (60 miles). The following week I break my leg at work (I'm a lineman). Now I can only stare at it in my garage for the next three months.

F

fz6nick

I've got a good one for ya. My wife suprised me with a brand new Raven FZ6R, an early fathers day present. I ride it one day (60 miles). The following week I break my leg at work (I'm a lineman). Now I can only stare at it in my garage for the next three months.
Which leg you break? If its your left, make a custom suicide shifter and ride that puppy

O

OLYpilot510

Yeah, bad- but could've been so much worse.

Dude- you're in TACOMA, right?!?!? We don't let a little water scare us here in the Pacific Northwest, do we??? :thumbup:

D

dankatz

Yeah, I'll take your sprinkler water over my week long rain...man my bike is dirty as hell now. At least I keep riding it