Backpack for riding and school

2011FZ6R

Alright I'm about to enter my senior year in highschool and I need a new backpack. But since I picked up my 6R I will need a backpack large enough for all my stuff (binders, books, supplies, etc. We don't have lockers) but still comfortable and nice to ride with. Any suggestions for under $100? Preferably 80 and under.

AngryAnt

I've been using this guy since Sept. 2010, although I just recently started riding with it.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WQCYDI/ref=wms_ohs_product_T2]Amazon.com: Swiss Gear Ibex 17-Inch Notebook Backpack: Electronics[/ame]

The shoulder straps are good, the padding on the back is nice, especially if its warm out, and it will fit my 17" Mackbook Pro (my work machine). Its not quite big enough to handle my Asus 17" gaming laptop, but the fan on that thing is enormous.

In addition to the laptop, it has enough compartments to store a metric crap ton of stuff, and has served me well.

bakkenlab

I've used my under armour backpack the past 3 years for school, past year with the bike. I use it to go back and forth from college and home. I can fit my laptop, toilet tree bag, 3 days of clothes, and 4 books.

Now i doubt you'll be carrying all of that stuff to school, but those backpacks have done me well so far...

And when i just go to class with a book or two, it is perfect. Not heavy, comfortable, durable,and accessible.

Your best best would to be to go to walmart or something and see what they have, for what type of work load your trying to carry. Make sure you get durable straps though cuz if that puppy falls off of you while your riding and hits a car, you'll be feeling pretty shitty

this is the one i have but in dark blue

Google Image Result for http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/202883675.jpg

Parcho

I use Alienware Premium Backpack

This same bag is made for other companies as well. So I'm sure you could find it cheaper elsewhere. I just got it free with my laptop a couple years back and it's one of the best quality bags I've ever owned. It fits anything and everything. It is also very comfortable to wear.

redprodigy35

I am a big fan of Maxpedition products.

This is my "urban" use bag from them. Recently started riding with it on the 6R.

Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger Shoulder Sling Tactical Messenger Gear Bag - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Highly recommended.
Basically bulletproof, best "hard use" gear I have found. Their products look new after months of use. The nylon, stiching, and Dupont is so far unmatched by any other company in my opinion. Many members in our armed services are using these daily and putting them through grueling conditions. Read some reviews online, I'm sure they will not disappoint.

Attachments

iSpoolin

I just use an eastsport I bought at walmart. It holds up even at 130MPH...:scared:

Sparkxx1

Alright I'm about to enter my senior year in highschool and I need a new backpack. But since I picked up my 6R I will need a backpack large enough for all my stuff (binders, books, supplies, etc. We don't have lockers) but still comfortable and nice to ride with. Any suggestions for under $100? Preferably 80 and under.
I'M going to be trying the icon urban soon. Plus a duffel bag on the backseat if I need more

Ryan85

I just got the Ogio Throttle. It's large enough to carry extra pants and shoes to work, so it has plenty of room. It also has hydration and audio capability when you just want to use it for riding.

Crocop43

How can u even afford a motorcycle while in high school is what I wanna low I could barely buy a 1985 corolla when I was in high school....

iSpoolin

How can u even afford a motorcycle while in high school is what I wanna low I could barely buy a 1985 corolla when I was in high school....
Some people have parents that will buy them for them. Not many, but some. Plus even a kid making 7.25 at a minimum wage job could afford a 200-300$ payment on a bike.

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

2011FZ6R

It's my only bill. Parent's financed it for me, I pay them the payments.
Some people have parents that will buy them for them. Not many, but some. Plus even a kid making 7.25 at a minimum wage job could afford a 200-300$ payment on a bike.
Exactly, I work minimum wage, and make about $750 a month. My payment is $173 a month but I pay $200 each month. It's my only expense so it really isn't that bad.

Fulkon

ChasingSquid

I am a big fan of Maxpedition products.

Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger Shoulder Sling Tactical Messenger Gear Bag - MAXPEDITION HARD-USE GEAR Tactical Nylon Gear for Military, Law Enforcement, Tactical Concealed Carry; Tailored to Perform Tactical

Highly recommended.
Basically bulletproof, best "hard use" gear I have found. Their products look new after months of use. The nylon, stiching, and Dupont is so far unmatched by any other company in my opinion. Many members in our armed services are using these daily and putting them through grueling conditions. Read some reviews online, I'm sure they will not disappoint.
This thing looks awesome, im going to order one right now....can you fit a laptop in it?

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member