Anyone done anything different with the '6R motor?

I'm bidding on a wrecked bike for the gas tank to replace my banged up one. I don't plan on spending anymore on the bike than what a new tank would cost. The bonus is I'll be getting a probably working motor with it. I have no use for it, but thought it might make a good base for an overpowered go-kart, or maybe build a street legal one seater. Has anyone else done anything similar? Would it be a dog given the extra weight?

Last edited:

MrFrzZ

I'm bidding on a wrecked bike for the gas tank to replace my banged up one. I don't plan on spending anymore on the bike than what a new tank would cost. The bonus is I'll be getting a probably working motor with it. I have no use for it, but thought it might make a good base for an overpowered go-kart, or maybe a build a street legal one seater. Has anyone else done anything similar? Would it be a dog given the extra weight?
How "wrecked" is this bike?? Are the forks and wheels straight? If the wheels and forks are straight, I'd probably buy them if you'd be interested in selling...

The forks are broken in half. Both tires look like they still hold air. One of the front discs looks like someone took a sledgehammer to it.

MrFrzZ

Ha I'm just messing with you. Give me a shout once you get it in and give it a once over and if you decide to sell anything from it.
Speaking of, were you going to just pitch the tank you're replacing? How badly is it dented?