Any Triumph owners here?

B

Botch

The motorcycle bug has bit me pretty deep since getting my FZ6 in July. I've been drooling over a new Triumph Bonneville, specifically the Scrambler model. It has cool wire wheels, a vintage look, very tall seat, cool wire wheels, nice stretched-out footpegs for my 6'5" frame, a parallel-triple banger, etc, and it would be a great complement to my FZ-6 (which I have no intention of selling). And it has cool wire wheels to boot!

I've heard that older Triumphs were a maintenance challenge, and since the dealership is 45 miles away I'll pass on getting one if that's still the case, but have they improved recently? If anyone has a late-model Triumph I'd love to hear your experiences. The '07 I've been eyeing has carburetors (!) but the '08's will finally go to fuel injection to meet EU requirements.

And did I mention, it has really cool wire wheels? :p

J

jfreakman

Dude, have you noticed the cool wheels? They're like, wire!

lol.

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
I want one of those too. That or the Bonnie

poorwboy

The motorcycle bug has bit me pretty deep since getting my FZ6 in July. I've been drooling over a new Triumph Bonneville, specifically the Scrambler model. It has cool wire wheels, a vintage look, very tall seat, cool wire wheels, nice stretched-out footpegs for my 6'5" frame, a parallel-triple banger, etc, and it would be a great complement to my FZ-6 (which I have no intention of selling). And it has cool wire wheels to boot!

I've heard that older Triumphs were a maintenance challenge, and since the dealership is 45 miles away I'll pass on getting one if that's still the case, but have they improved recently? If anyone has a late-model Triumph I'd love to hear your experiences. The '07 I've been eyeing has carburetors (!) but the '08's will finally go to fuel injection to meet EU requirements.

I dont have a triumph, but I have rode a buddys 675 and I liked. My next door neighbor has a bike like you pictured and it is a very clean bike. Also he loves it has had no problems, and says it has plenty of power. I think its a 700 or 750, correct me if I'm wrong.:thumbup:

O

OneTrack

a parallel-triple banger
The bike in the picture isn't the Bonneville model, it's the Scrambler. It's a parallel twin, not a triple. :)

botch said:
That'd be spoked wheels, old chap. :thumbup:

Botch said:
I've heard that older Triumphs were a maintenance challenge
Heh heh.....oh yes....they certainly were.

poorwboy

The bike in the picture isn't the Bonneville model, it's the Scrambler. It's a parallel twin, not a triple. :)

That'd be spoked wheels, old chap. :thumbup:

Heh heh.....oh yes....they certainly were.
Thats what my neighbor has a bonneville.

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
I think the consensus was that the British should not be allowed to try and keep fluids in with things made of metal.

LOL

Somehow suposedly they have it figured out now.

I still want one.

Yep Parallel twins

Triumph Motorcycles - 2008 Motorcycles

They have a hella cool screen saver you can download.

O

OneTrack

Stopping my early 60's Bonneville from gushing oil from everywhere except the headlight became an obsession for me. Back then, if a Brit bike didn't leak oil, there was no oil left in it.
I always sit on a new Bonneville Thruxton that's at our local Triumph dealership. Triumph did a very good job of making a 21st Century replication of the original late 1960's Thruxton that Triumph fielded in Production racing. The seat height is about an inch lower than my FZ6, unlike the Speed Triple, which seems to be an inch higher. Either Brits are getting taller or I'm just a short-arse after all....:D

J

Jyoumb

i had two triumphs, a thunderbird and a trophy triple. i loved both bikes and never had any problems. the scrambler may fit you well, as i thought it was too tall for my 32" inseam and i preferred the standard bonneville.