Another Roaring Toyz lowering link installed!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Yesterday, angelsneverlose (Chris) came over to the house and we met for the first time. I was having an "open garage" mod fest and had bikes in from NJ, NY, MA, NH and ME. Chris didn't have the space or tools needed to install the link, so he brought it to the guy who wrote the document. ;)

We got him in between mods on other bikes and it was done in very short order. We installed the link and dropped the triples 1.25" in the front. He's quite happy with the end result! Of course, this is for his fiancé as he's now on the R6 but he does use this bike to commute to work.

Chris is a good guy and I was glad to help him out. Here's his FZ6R after we'd lowered it.

Attachments

Heineken

Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Chris = Smart man. :))

FZ1inNH your a good guy, no matter what those guys from the FZ1 forum are sayin` :p . :justkidding:
You should stop over and check out the Official Busted Knuckle Garage thread with all the pics. :D

When are you getting the FZ1?

angelsneverlose

you didn't ask to use my pics, i vote take them down :justkidding:

My fiance sat on it as soon as i got home and loves it now! Thanks again man for all the help, i deff couldn't have done any of the install with my space/tools :steve:

PPS: You know how i was talking about lowing the forks on my R6 and haven't tested it yet? Well Sunday i road about 350miles (still crying from the pain in my arms :eek:), and realize the turn in isn't even close the the FZ6R now, :mad:. So would it be possible to setup a time and help me lower the forks a little more? The purpose for originally doing it was because i installed a 70 series vs 60 front tire. well i was told to do between 6mm and 12 mm drop (forums had differing opinions), so i did 8 to be safe.. anyways, i would like to do another 4mm so i can get that nice agressive drop/turn in i bought the bike for, right now i deff have to 'pull' it over, which i shouldn't have too to my knowlege. Now im not a bike genious, but im told an extra 4mm drop will be noticeable and worth a try :D??

Let me know... and thanks again for the LL install HELP!!! That was a blast, i only wish i could have stayed longer!!

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
If you'd have stayed for the full event.... well, we got done at about 10pm! :D Billy's FZ1 had a few challenges but we met them all and got it 100% done.

As for the R6, sure! That will take no time at all with the hoist. 4mm can make a difference. The reason you don't want to go too low in the front is the loss of straight-line stability. Too low and a tank slapper is inevitable without a good steering dampener (still highly recommended!)

I'm home this Sat. if you'd like to come over about 11am-ish? Thus far, the weather looks OK.

So, she drops right into the corner now, eh? How much foot does your fiancé get on the ground now? Glad you like it! See ya soon.

angelsneverlose

ill let you know about Sat, i might be out of town this weekend... if not, ill deff be down for another meet up! I should know in a couple days!