What do you do for a living?

I build and test surface analysis equipment for ultra high vacuum test chambers.

Sputter ion guns, water desorption systems, Picoammeters, and other such equipment.

Basic concept is that you put in a non organic material such as metals, or other items. It gets hit with a sputter ion gun which knocks off the carbon layer that everything has on it. It is then hit with another high power gun and an x-ray analyzer/microscope or other analyzes and can measure exactly what elemental compounds are in that material. This way when someone says this is 99.99% copper, we make and service the stuff that can prove or disprove that claim. Lots of colleges and universities have this equipment and large businesses and labs. Pretty interesting stuff.

I currently work at tire shop, doing some shop work, but mostly supervising and front-counter sales. It is as boring as it sounds. I am currently in a hiring competition with the Canada Borser Services Agency. As with Government, North or South of the border, it is a slow process. So for now, tires tires tires...

I'm a soldier in the US Army. A linguist to be specific. I speak Dari (Afghani). I work in the commo field, bit details about my job are kinda classified... :p

I'm a motorcycle tech. Yamaha, suzuki, and kawisaki certified incase you were wondering. So I get paid to make things go faster and watch them blow up on occasion!

I'm a web designer/developer for a travel advertising company. I use HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP, ActionScript 3, Photoshop, and Flash. It's not as cool as I thought it would be before I started, but it pays the bills, haha.

I'm the head of e-Commerce operations for the largest jeweler in North America. Responsible for customer service, customer experience, fraud, fulfillment, etc.

I have an airframe and powerplant license and have been working as a uh60(blackhawk) helicopter mechanic at fort rucker alabama for the last 10 years. Pretty much since ive been out of high school. I was 21 when i started. Man its crazy how the years pass by so quickly!

I am an Armed Security Officer working for sweet pay to just sit and watch an empty building on nights and weekends. I get to catch up on all movies and tv shows while getting paid from your tax dollars :)

Back