Recommended flush turn signals

JSP

Super Moderator
Search feature will be your best friend.... :thumbup:

People seem to really like the Proton flushies.

You can also use many R6 flush mount signals.

Have fun.

jonas8943

Yeah i saw the proton ones. They seem expensive and i can't find anyone that has them in stock. I used the search feature and put in turn signals but didn't turn up any related threads.

I will more than likely go with the protons then. I just wish i could find someone that has some for sale.

NoDoze

I think the reason why the Protons are so expensive is because it's wired for running lights and 3 blinker settings:

• Normal
  • Pulse
  • Fade in and fade out

So it almost seems as though you are buying 3 in 1. :D It looks like it has great quality but I haven't seen other ones so I have nothing to compare it with.

Here's my Ántonia demoing the pulse:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m--oGyvWN8]YouTube - My Ántonia: Proton Flush Mount & 5-Pod LED[/ame]

I just tried looking for them and most of the online stores I know of that usually have them in stock are 'out of stock'.

Edit
Here's a couple of places I found that have them in stock:
http://www.aftermarketcycles.com/proton-flushmount-turn-signal-fz6r-09-10.html
http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/ProtonLights/index.asp
I would call them to see if they are actually in stock.

Good luck!

Last edited:

72racer

Elite Member

redprodigy35

I ordered some Protons off MC Superstore on the 14th. Just got an email that THEY will be receiving them 4/30.

From the reading I've done it seems that Protons are of a good build quality... I personally like the fact that they are model specific.

Like above, I would also recommend calling in and checking for stock, or you could end up waiting 2 weeks + like me!:disapprove:

mike1000

Man listen, with all due respect and remember this is just my opinion, if you want to look cool and have these dim, cheap LED's that are all trendy and can hardly be seen in the daylight, get you some ones mentioned here. Please think outside the box tho. If you want to be seen and be safe from the front, back and sides all at the same time ALL the time with only four blinkers, go to this web link:

www.feniex.com/product.php?prod_id=242

I know they have a whack name but they protect you like no other can. Spend a couple bucks on these 4th generation, superbrite, water and wind proof LED's made by Phillips. They will save your life! They have saved mine a few times already. They are actually made to be used on the bumpers, fenders or inside the headlights or taillights of police units and ambulances. It's totally legal to buy the amber color only. I have these on my Raven and people don't mistake which way I'm going anymore when I ride during the day or at night. These can be seen from a mile and a half away.. Be Seen, Be Safe!

MikeN02

Man listen, with all due respect and remember this is just my opinion, if you want to look cool and have these dim, cheap LED's that are all trendy and can hardly be seen in the daylight, get you some ones mentioned here. Please think outside the box tho. If you want to be seen and be safe from the front, back and sides all at the same time ALL the time with only four blinkers, go to this web link:

I know they have a whack name but they protect you like no other can. Spend a couple bucks on these 4th generation, superbrite, water and wind proof LED's made by Phillips. They will save your life! They have saved mine a few times already. They are actually made to be used on the bumpers, fenders or inside the headlights or taillights of police units and ambulances. It's totally legal to buy the amber color only. I have these on my Raven and people don't mistake which way I'm going anymore when I ride during the day or at night. These can be seen from a mile and a half away.. Be Seen, Be Safe!
Until someone has a seizure and drives right into you :)

Socamonarch

Do you have a picture of these on your bike? Were they difficult to install?

iSpoolin

Im not gonna lie, most of the stuff that Phillips Technologies engineers sucks. Even if it is just small LED lights that are simple, they will probably fail you in the near future.

Im not saying that those are good for signals, but I work for Phillips (Machine, we build mining equipment, but same company as Phillips Technologies, still have monthly meetings with their engineering department) and I can tell you now even the engineers over there say the stuff isn't the greatest.

If your worried about not being seen, learn hand signals.

iSpoolin

cavcuz05

Any new r6 flush turn signals will work...thats what i got

ajskillz13

Any new r6 flush turn signals will work...thats what i got
I know this question has been asked a million times, but I have seen different answers... Do these work as running lights as well, or is that a feature you give up?

EDIT: Nevermind, read the eBay listing and realized that they are only 2 wire and don't work as running lights.

Last edited:

NoDoze

I know this question has been asked a million times, but I have seen different answers... Do these work as running lights as well, or is that a feature you give up?

EDIT: Nevermind, read the eBay listing and realized that they are only 2 wire and don't work as running lights.
You can get these "Magic Blinkers" from Custom LED. It basically turns your 2-wire LED turning lights to be a running lights as well as turn blinkers.

I guess the next question is, does your blinkers/indicator LEDs have the capacity of being constantly on?

With these Magic Blinkers, You get a pair for $29.99

• New high-speed solid state design is compatible with all flasher relays.
  • Built-in Stage I Load Equalizer prevents the no-blink or 4-way blink condition.
  • Comes as a complete kit with electrical connectors and detailed instructions.
  • High-Power capability of 12A/ 180 Watts (2A/ 30 Watts recommended).
  • Low on-state resistance means your indicators will be as bright as possible!
  • Works with LED or incandescent indicators.
  • 1-year Warranty & Satisfaction Guarantee!

I'm going to get these for my 5-Pod LED so that they are constantly on, in addition to the running light function of my Protons (contrary to the belief that Protons can not be seen in front - they are designed to be visible. So you pay more because of the functionality that it comes with).

On the left, the proton is on "running lights" function and on the right, both 5-Pod LED and proton are blinking.

Last edited:

mike1000

i use the lights everyday for the last 6 years on various bikes and these finally give the ability of being seen from every angle and very bright. not one problem with any. Just people asking me all the time where they can get them from. do urself a solid and get some to be bright and be seen!

ajskillz13

Pics!!! Make me a believer!!! :drool:

:needpics: