Longest daily commute

Not a daily commute, more a monthly one, Because my misses decided to go back to uni in another country, I now have a 393 mile one way trip to see her... Do i win the longest "work" commute prize?

why did she decide to move that far away david

thats very strong of you to let her bloom like that

I drive 52 miles trip to work and back. I try to alternate bikes. my 09 FZ6R gets 44 to 47 mpg and 86 FZ600 34 to 38 mpg depending on how I feel. Life is good.:rockon:

When I was working for HP my commute was 10 miles round trip. HP is just a few blocks away.

Now in the new job, it takes 30 min or 20 miles, 40 miles round trip but I don't face traffic at all.

No bike at this moment. I used to ride mine when going to HP.

Now, in general terms, I think than anything longer than an hour and a half, to me deserves a move. I have done it before, and I had no time for anything. It is better to move and find something closer. But I understand that's not possible sometimes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Was around 76-86 miles each way. However after the move and new house it is now 52 miles each way. But I an looking at a possible other position in company that would be 42 miles each way. Getting sick of current job, but pay is AWESOME and I have a good chance of getting work at home in a few months.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

My advice, it happened to me.

A nice pay is nice, of course, but if you're not enjoying your job, your life will be miserable.

Find something fun . If it pays same or better, nice, but money won't replace that feeling .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

My commute might be the shortest one here....I live on base and work .25 miles down the road so a full .5 mile round-trip commute!!! I normally take the long way home though!!

My commute is 48 miles one way, 3-4 times per week on 12 hour rotations
which is why I bought my bike. Much better gas mileage than my Ford F150 4x4 LOL

I commute 60 miles each way. I really hated my commute until I started riding. Now, I can't drive to work without :rant: about the cage!

Iam currently going about 50 miles a day all highway. But at the end of the month I will be working at my high school as the automotive paint and body instructor. So my commute will be less then 10 miles a day.

Soon to be commute

Once I move and finally get a bike, I'll be doing about 77 miles each way to work. More on nights when I have class too.

my work is only around 15 miles away but they send me out to a lot of jobs offsite and i get to use the bike furthest i think has been 80 miles one way o ya and i get paid mileage to the offsite jobs so i get paid to ride sometimes lol

Back