Fuel range

I get 250km to a tank on my XJ6N. Iv run out of fuel once at 272k's. F-trip comes on at about 220kms, and iv calculate iv got 50kms on reserve. But i fill up at 250kms, incase I've been riding hard this time round. When i ran out of fuel i was quite please when i realised my predicted range was only off by 2kms on the give side. But still stupid to let it run out, i was having a pretty shit day when it happened.

The farthest I got on a full tank was 186, this was 38 miles after the F-Trip light comes on. When I refueled, it took just under 4.20 gallons to refill. Got me 44 miles a gallon. I commute 70 miles round trip, at an average speed of 80 mph. Using a 17t front sprocket to correct the speedometer and get better fuel mileage. Maybe if I drop 20 lbs, I'd get even better mileage (currently 204lbs, standing at 6').

-1/+2..power commander, sport map, M4 street slayer on R6 header, and do a regular 80 mile round trip at 80mph and it’s thirsty afterwards. Conservatively I can get 100. I am a bigger guy though, 275 at 6’.

-1/+2..power commander, sport map, M4 street slayer on R6 header, and do a regular 80 mile round trip at 80mph and it’s thirsty afterwards. Conservatively I can get 100. I am a bigger guy though, 275 at 6’.

Almost same setup as you and 6'5" 200lbs. Same range too. Thank you for making me feel better about mine haha. I thought I was the only one

I consistently have reserve come in between 200 - 210 km and have never taken it past 220. It always felt a little low to me.... stock except for cat delete exhaust (delkevic) and de-restricted throttle body... usual riding is up to 8000 rpm commutes with gear changes around 6k

Hi all,
just wondering if anybody can give me an estimate on what your fuel range is on a tank? I know it is hard to say for sure as riding style will make a huge difference, but I tried to find any indication on the fuel consumption, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks
To empty. 187miles on a full tank all highway going 90-130mph. 120 miles in stop and go city driving on a full tank. She likes to be at 8 or 9k rpm on highway

Back