Cold and rainy looky lous

Y

yellowfz

Went by a Kawa/Honda dealer Saturday, looking for my wife a new ride (900cc or larger), I got to play on 3 nice rides.
First one was a Kawa ; http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/Product-Specifications.aspx?scid=6&id=713 nice ride love the green, still not a true upright riding position though, close to what the FZ6R was at first.
Second on was the Honda ; 2012 CB1000R Overview - Honda Powersports , have to say the Honda felt like a flicker and the Kawa was heavy, riding position was more to my liking and the bars can be changed if needed.
And then the Honda NC700X ; 2012 NC700X Overview - Honda Powersports , no frigging way I would ride one of them, looks are not everything.
When I got home I went out to the old FZ6R and sat on it, not giving it up just yet. :D But if I did I would go for the Honda CB1000R.
My wife needs a new ride first she has out grown the 650 Vstar, besides I get tired of waiting for her to catch up on that slow thing.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

danieljardim

Great! I like the CB also... That would be a top contender if I had (could) buy a bike right now.

Edit: Been thinking for a bit... I agree with you. Every time I look around to see what I would like, I look at my 6R and like... Why? I already have a great ride! I put too much TLC and $$$ in it now to just trade her in. To be honest if something had to happen right now... I will still consider a 6R to replace it. Cheap and plenty of juice to get me in serious trouble... (Marthy Special Edition Version...lol)
Whats up with the honda civic 4 lug nut wheel?

Y

yellowfz

Great! I like the CB also... That would be a top contender if I had (could) buy a bike right now.

Edit: Been thinking for a bit... I agree with you. Every time I look around to see what I would like, I look at my 6R and like... Why? I already have a great ride! I put too much TLC and $$$ in it now to just trade her in. To be honest if something had to happen right now... I will still consider a 6R to replace it. Cheap and plenty of juice to get me in serious trouble... (Marthy Special Edition Version...lol)
Yeah, next stop for the quest of the new ride for the wife will be at the Yama dealer, maybe get to play around on a liter Yama.
I think she likes the Vstar 1100 best so far, she likes the Vulcan but not as much as the Vstar. What sucks is a 1100 cruiser only has like 61hp, good enough for her but dang 1100-61hp, 600-78hp rated.
I am kind of bias as well Marthy, like you said the bike has been tweaked to fit, if I bought a new one would have to start all over again, not a bad thing, but I am happy with the FZ6R.
Yeah the Kawa has 133hp ( some say 136hp) and the Honda best I can tell is 108hp.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

BoneJj

If I had to go with those kind of bike, I like the Striker a lot. Nice in flat black. I sat on one at Biketoberfest in Daytona last year. I can't find the picture.
my friend had a stryker, it's a good bike. Actually here is a little video we did about getting some volume out of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFwEFNTCoxE]Drilling out baffles on Yamaha Stryker 1300cc, getting a louder exhaust. - YouTube[/ame]

Why the ZX and not the Ninja 1000?
I like my ninja 1k myself. I just got it friday and it's a beauty!!

Certainly worth every penny IMO. I've been loving it! I'm already up to 122 miles on her. I do need to stiffen up the rear shock one notch though, other than that it's perfect for me. Rides awesome.

BKP

+1.
If/when the new concept 750cc is released with 6R ergos, linear power delivery, and =>mpg, then I'll consider a trade...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Y

yellowfz

If I had to go with those kind of bike, I like the Striker a lot. Nice in flat black. I sat on one at Biketoberfest in Daytona last year. I can't find the picture.
Yeah she is looking at one of those too.

Y

yellowfz

Love the Kawa Green, always have.
Hers first, then maybe.
I still like how nimble the Honda felt, it just felt lite and responsive.

BoneJj

She is vertically challenged, has be low seat height.
Buy her one, keep the FZ6R and party like it's 1999. :D
What kind of seat height are you thinking she might need? Just how short is she?

Y

yellowfz

What kind of seat height are you thinking she might need? Just how short is she?
Jeff, she can fit the Vulcan 900, I see that you had one from your sig, about 27/28" or less.
I want her to be able to flat foot what ever she gets, no tippie toes.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoneJj

Jeff, she can fit the Vulcan 900, I see that you had one from your sig, about 27/28" or less.
I want her to be able to flat foot what ever she gets, no tippie toes.
yeah, I like the vn900, it was an alright bike.

I would say though that if she desires something with a sporty look consider any of the 600 size neutral bikes like the FZ6r or the ninja 650 and just put a 2inch drop kit on it. That would bring it right into her range and you could easily get an older used bike for as the first bike and be good to go. The key is going to be that drop kit as it will go from just over 29" right into where you want her seat to be.

Has she ridden your bike solo yet in a parking lot or anything. or if you have friends with a cruiser that size. I would put her on both and see what she likes and doesn't like about both and then weight the options as to what she is going to feel more comfortable on.

I personally though I wanted a cruiser but I quickly realized that I just can't do the cruiser bikes and went right back to a sport bike. What a difference for me that was.

Even on the ninja 1k I do have to be up on my toes a little but it's not bad at all. Being on the toes shouldn't be a discouraging factor in getting a particular bike. Now if she can't even touch the ground then that would be the concern to really think about... lol. That's my friends wife. She can't even touch the ground on a CBR600RR that has a 2 inch drop on it. LOL.

I can't wait to see her try to climb on top of my bike.... LMAO, the mental picture is just hilarious to me. She's nearly a midget I swear.

Y

yellowfz

yeah, I like the vn900, it was an alright bike.

I would say though that if she desires something with a sporty look consider any of the 600 size neutral bikes like the FZ6r or the ninja 650 and just put a 2inch drop kit on it. That would bring it right into her range and you could easily get an older used bike for as the first bike and be good to go. The key is going to be that drop kit as it will go from just over 29" right into where you want her seat to be.

Has she ridden your bike solo yet in a parking lot or anything. or if you have friends with a cruiser that size. I would put her on both and see what she likes and doesn't like about both and then weight the options as to what she is going to feel more comfortable on.

I personally though I wanted a cruiser but I quickly realized that I just can't do the cruiser bikes and went right back to a sport bike. What a difference for me that was.

Even on the ninja 1k I do have to be up on my toes a little but it's not bad at all. Being on the toes shouldn't be a discouraging factor in getting a particular bike. Now if she can't even touch the ground then that would be the concern to really think about... lol. That's my friends wife. She can't even touch the ground on a CBR600RR that has a 2 inch drop on it. LOL.

I can't wait to see her try to climb on top of my bike.... LMAO, the mental picture is just hilarious to me. She's nearly a midget I swear.
She has her own bike right now, a VStar 650, I just want her to get something a little more powerful. She has been riding now for a good while, she learned from the best. :rolleyes:
She still won't lane splice with me, but she does get a little bold sometimes.
Her bike struggles at times to keep up with the FZ6R, 28hp, enough said.
I offered to get her a bike like mine, she say noway, cruiser is her forte.