Yet another new FZ6R owner

fz6rwolf

Brought home last Saturday about 25 miles from dealer. Rode very smooth. I'm coming from cruisers for many years and decided since I'm now living in the city wanted something lighter and more agile. Rode again about 70 miles on Sunday and I'm very impressed with the power of the detuned R6 engine and just how SMOOTH it feels. The fit and finish seems really good, though I raised the seat to the high position and there's some play in the seat when not on it there wasn't in the low position. It took no time at all to get used to the peg position. The shifting is crisp and accurate, haven't found a "false" nuetral yet. The ergos are very good, the seat seems maybe TOO firm but maybe in time will soften up some. I put on some soft bags and will probably get a small tank bag for easy reach items. I know it doesn't have the top end of the FZ6 or true "sport" bikes but It seems to have plenty for my use which will be mostly commuting about 20miles each way, weekend riding and 3 or 4 overnight to long weekend trips from Rhode Island to Pittsburgh, Pa . Will post another short review after more time on it. Here's couple pics from Oakland beach (Warwick, RI, not Cali lol)on a bit chilly Sunday afternoon.

fz6rwolf

Obviously I don't know how to post pics on here.

F

FZ1inNH

Obviously I don't know how to post pics on here.
I fixed it for ya! :D

What you need to do is click on the Share above the pic, then the tab for "Get Link Code" than under "IMG for bulletin boards & forums" copy and paste that line for image linking.

:welcome: and congrats!!

C

cv_rider

Welcome! I'm glad you like it. That bike seems like a very sensible package for what 99.9% of riders are going to do with it.

Do they come with an ABS option in the US? The FZ6 doesn't, but in Europe you can get the FZ6 with ABS.

S

Shafe716

I have sat on this bike and it is very comfy! I wouldn't trade my FZ for it yet, but maybe down the road when I'm done reving the crap out of this one!:rockon:

fz6rwolf

Welcome! I'm glad you like it. That bike seems like a very sensible package for what 99.9% of riders are going to do with it.

Do they come with an ABS option in the US? The FZ6 doesn't, but in Europe you can get the FZ6 with ABS.
No, no ABS option. Haven't had to make any real quick stops yet but the brakes seem "adequate". Better than last bike which was a vtx1300c. Was worried about the revs at highway speeds but I've been assured inline 4s will run many hours at highway speeds with no adverse effects (yes I've run at 80mph which is right at 7,000rpm even though it's new, if I didn't I'd get run over on I95 lol). Think will have some good years with it. Will probably try and find bit taller and wider screen for it as it seems to provide good protection on most of torso but quite a bit of wind hitting around shoulder area.

O

Ozfazer6

I reckon they are quite a respectable package and you will be very happy with it , I just can't get used to that big black box thingy underneath it though.

C

chuckfz6ryder

Welcome to the group:welcome: Anytime you want to ride with another FZ, let me know, I'd love to see your bike, haven't seen one in person yet (I try to stay out of the shops so I don't spend too much$$). You may be the closest member to me, I'm just north of Fall River. If the FZ6R is anything like the FZ6, you're going to love it. I'm not sure the seat is going to get any better. After 1.5 hours, I want off. After 2 hours, I NEED off. The weather is getting nice fast around here, I'll be watching for you:D

fuzzylogic

grats on the new bike! blue was a close second to black for my color choice and i have to say it looks great.

a few questions for you though. what bags are those? how much are they? where they hard to install? thanks in advance!

S

stryken

Nice bike... almost bought that very one one myself but I went with the FZ6, I don't think you will be unhappy however. I did a lot of research on the FZ6R and all the reviews I read on it was that it handled well and was a blast to ride. My biggest factor in choosing the FZ6 was I wanted a more naked look and the 180 in back helped a bit too. Have fun!!! and be safe.

P

paulinus

:welcome:
Very nice ride, man. Enjoy :) Let us know what you mod on her if anything. I'd like to know what becomes available for them.

fz6rwolf

grats on the new bike! blue was a close second to black for my color choice and i have to say it looks great.

a few questions for you though. what bags are those? how much are they? where they hard to install? thanks in advance!
The bags are Cortec, about $125 and easy to install, just looped strap around the frame under seat and snapped closed and extra strap right above license holder. They rest on the side reflectors and two straps across passenger seat. Might change it when my lady starts riding pillion but I'm sure there's more ways to do that. They come off with just 3 snaps and lift up.

O-turn

Partier
Looks good mah friend, same color here :D

S

staticghost

Nice looking bike. Congrats on you purchase. Ride safe and take care of your baby. She is too hot looking not to...:thumbup:

B

blitzcraig

The fit and finish seems really good, though I raised the seat to the high position and there's some play in the seat when not on it there wasn't in the low position.
so you can raise and lower the seat? that's pretty cool. we can't do that on the fz6 can we?

L

LERecords

congrates and welcome to the forum.. RI huh.. ive ridden alot in RI.. i have a buddy in bristol, RI that i ride with... holy crappy roads though.. hgihways arn't bad, but the bumps on some of the roads in RI just plain suck... ride safe :)

M

MarinaFazer

I like it. The blue is a good color.

haha - another wolf on the forum, eh?