Yamaha XJ6 Paddock Bobbins

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Need JT to chime in with info regarding his spools!
His look the best that i have seen by far

Lilday

Those T-rex things are ugly :( They look like big huge blocks.

I want the ones this guy has:

You can see them about 3:30

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlEkUngWZ1I]XJ6 KAMIKAZE - depois das modificações - YouTube[/ame]

Edit

I just realized you can't take the rear wheel off with those bobbins hahaha

Last edited:

latony007

Paddock bobbins or cotton reels is what they get called in the UK :)

gibbopool2003, weird to see somebody who lives so close to me on this (mostly American) forum haha
Think they are mostly called swingarm spools here. I assume spools because they look like a spool of thread. I assume yours are called paddock in reference to where you would keep your steed, bobbins i have no idea lol.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

latony007

if you have ever sewn... you wrap thread around a bobbin... and put that bobbin in the sewing machine...probably has something to do with the origin of the word...

Bobbin - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
This is suck an educational forum :)
i have been told brits drive on the other side of the road because most people are right handed and if you "ride" down the left lane you can still swing your sword at oncoming enemies. Any you guys want to confirm that one :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Lilday

Think they are mostly called swingarm spools here. I assume spools because they look like a spool of thread. I assume yours are called paddock in reference to where you would keep your steed, bobbins i have no idea lol.
cotton reels like a reel of cotton thread too ;}

paddock because theyre for paddock stands

bobbins i also have no idea lol

Bert-Aus

I had fun driving over in the UK when I lived there. Had more problems when I came home and tried to enter the highway the wrong direction. Yelling wtf is wrong with you until my sister told me I was going the wrong way. OOPS!
When driving in the US,man! the head trauma I suffered at first when driving:eek:
Shit everything was all back to front, left is right and right is left!
Turn left at lit intersections, felt strange
Checking blindspots was the worst though!

It reminded me of the sensation, when as a kid my brothers and I would attempt to walk around the house with a mirror under our noses -looking at the ceiling whilst walking.

Sneakynuts

Well my experiance of driving on the wrong side of the road was in Spain somewhere.

All is fine when there is lots of traffic about..keeps you on your toes!

I came up to the end of a T junction in a very quiet part of town wanting to turn right... which I did so with a van full of kids and families.. no cars about so was an easy manvouver!

about 200m down the road it was pointed out to me that I was driving down the wrong side of the road!

I was never aloowed to forget this!