Yamaha trademarks "FJ-09"

latony007

hmm, this could be a very interesting bike. Performance of a street triple with more comfort than an fz6r would be nice :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Not sure about the adventure tourer but the naked mockup rings my bell:D:D:D

FastFreddy

Well blow me down, finally a new bike that is NOT a farkin adventure or naked bike or built for "developing markets".

I heard there's a BMW S1000F coming out some time soon.

Y

yellowfz

Cool, Yamaha is competing with the Triumph, would rather have the Yamaha than the Triumph. Can't wait to see/set on this one at the next International Motorcycle show.:thumbup:

Fizzer6R

That does not look like a touring bike? That seat looks good for about 10 minutes worth of riding.
the pic on 1st page is a naked mockup, not of the news on a potential new tourer FJ-09

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

Maadi

Oh, boy, there it is. I was secretly thinking "I will never trade my FZ6R, I love this bike!" But I wasn't saying it, knowing how it goes in this forum... But if they really make a FJ-09 that is what it sounds like, I might be on the market for a new bike faster than expected. Although I was going to get a bike with all the bells and whistles next, you know, the electronic suspension adjustment, cruise, abs, traction control, etc... So if this doesn't have all that, I might be able to pass it by. We'll see. Sounds really exciting, though!

...As long as it comes in some kind of a red color...

latony007

This looks really good, if they are going to market it as sport tourer they should get some matching hard bags on there though.

Chucker

latony007 said:
This looks really good, if they are going to market it as sport tourer they should get some matching hard bags on there though.
It looks to me like there are mounts on the side for bags.

engineered2win

So the Super Tenere got an update in Canada but not the US.Electronic suspension, heated grips, adjustable windshield, etc.Hopefully the Fj09 has that stuff as an option since its on the Fjr1300, or better yett we end up with a ST09 in the US since our lonely Tenere didn't receive these features.

Edit, I just realised Triumph already has ST09 trademarked..Hopefully the Fj09's suspension has street and dirt ride modes
What are you talking about? The 2014 S10 has standard cruise control, heated grips, adjustable windscreen, revised engine, and optional electronic suspension. It also weighs 630lbs with the junky plastic Yamaha panniers. No thanks. I rented one for a weekend and it was pretty decent until you had to stop. At which point it doesn't matter how low the Cg is; it still is an overweight pig.

I'm interested in the FJ-09. It should fix most of the issues I have with the FZ-09: zero wind protection, better gauges (looks to have the new S10 cluster), a two piece seat (some padding would be nice that didn't compress by the time you made it to the end of the driveway), real suspension with some damping, a throttle that is unnecessarily jerky, etc.

Last edited: