Yamaha Recall

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Superzoom

It would help a lot if they specified the year as well, and mentioned the number of bikes involved. I assume I can find my bike's VIN on the head tube?

blkbrd

Elite Member
Last edited:

aburnett

Glad I have a 2011! :)

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

AL72

Thanks Marthy, how can I read this? Mi bike serial (sticker frame) is JYARJ18E0EA0130xx, and the engine serial is J518E-0178xx.
Mine it's 2014, but it's better to be sure...

Thanks!

thecdn

My son received his recall notice today, letter dated 6 Apr 2015. I had called the dealer he bought it from (based on this thread), on 31 Mar and was told the bike was not on recall.

Is it possible the recall info wasn't in the system when I called or is the dealer a moron who delayed the replacement process by two weeks?

ETA: I assume the recall work can be done at any Yamaha dealer and not just the one the bike was worked at? My son is pissed at the dealer at the moment.

Last edited:

latony007

i cant see the images is there a link or something or should i not worry as i have a 2012? what is the recall for?

brownwa

Recall if manufactured between 9/1/2014 - 11/17/2014

This thread is a lifesaver, online recall notice is here.

I never received any recall notice in the mail from either Yamaha or the dealership. Called Yamaha customer service (800-962-7926) and gave them my VIN. Bad news, I'm on the recall list :(

At least I found this out now and not on a mountain road at 60mph...

Yamaha told me that they are backordered for the replacement shift shaft assembly. So those of us with 2015 Yamahas better get on the phone ASAP.

The link for subscribing to future Yamaha recall notices via email is here.

Last edited:

thecdn

I talked to the service dept of the dealer today. He said they didn't receive notice of the recall until 5 Apr. The letter was posted here on 26 Mar and I called the dealer on 31 Mar and they said it wasn't on recall.

What kind of communication problems does Yamaha have?

I'm taking the bike in tomorrow to get the new part put in.

My son received his recall notice today, letter dated 6 Apr 2015. I had called the dealer he bought it from (based on this thread), on 31 Mar and was told the bike was not on recall.

Is it possible the recall info wasn't in the system when I called or is the dealer a moron who delayed the replacement process by two weeks?

ETA: I assume the recall work can be done at any Yamaha dealer and not just the one the bike was worked at? My son is pissed at the dealer at the moment.
From my experience at a dealer, this seems like a recall that just popped up in their systems. As you said, its only been a week but in that week a lot of things can happen. Dont blame the dealer, blame the manufacture. Dealers only get what the companies give them.

latony007

Just 2015's. Nothing for you to worry about.
Glad its not me lol, however i still have never seen a 2015 FZ6R, took long enough for them to appear. Still havent seen a 15 FZ1 either.