Yamaha Dealer/Demo

I went to a Dealer/Demo today in Brooks, KY.

I rode the FJR1300, Stratoliner Deluxe and VMAX.

All three bikes were great. Sorry no pics. I will give my impressions on all three.

FJR- Luxury touring bike. Adjustable windshield. Very smooth, the feel is very similiar to the FZ6r just bigger and more Power and gadgets. The seat is very comfortable.

Stratoliner Deluxe- Big cumbersome VTwin. Very rough to drive. The seating position has your feet way forward and the handlebars are bar very wide and back. I don't like the (cruiser) seating position at all. Also it has floorboards and a heal-tow shifter. Took a while to get used to that.

VMAX. Power, Power, Power. Did I mention Power. OMG this thing has incredible throttle response. In third gear on a straight segment, I gave it full throttle. I thought the clutch was slipping but it was the rear wheel breaking loose. WOW. Seating position is a cross between cruiser and sport bike. All around a very nice bike. Out of my league in price though.

Deanohh

I had a vmax in the late 90's. Go like hell in a straight line but not corner worth a crap. Got rid of it. Maybe they are better now.... I'll never know.