XJ6 exhaust?

tcwright

hey guys. just wondering if anyone knows anything about the availability of after market exhausts for an 09 XJ6, and if yous could steer me in the right direction. lol. thanks anyway folks! :)

pilninggas

look at the mods for using 03-05 r6 headers and end-can, thats the route i wanna take.

be aware there might be a problem with the leo vince exhaust - a guy on wiltshirebikers.co.uk fitted one last week and the exhaust is blowing onto the ABS encoder.

tim8o

I have a scorpion exhaust fitted to mine, sounds ok, was already fitted when bought from dealer as was bought used he couldnt give much info on fitting, but very neatly done.

Last edited:

ginner

@Tim80 - I have the same Scorpion exhaust on my XJ6, bought it used from eBay for about 70 quid. It does change the sound of the bike, its not quite as whiney but its still not a very deep sound. I'm thinking of taking mine to a local garage and getting them to have a look at the R6 mod or me.

cavcuz05

id be curious to try the scorpion XJ6 exahust and custimize it to fit the r6 header...could be interesting:sinister:

tim8o

Ginner, let me know what garage thinks of r6 mod exhaust, would like to see a pic of one if u know of any.
I know theres a leo=vince exhaust that fits, but i dont like design, everyone to there own. Will stick with scorpion 4 now.

CDN6R

If you are looking for this exhaust it is : Termignoni Exhaust( Part Number Y089) , Hello and Welcome to the Club!

telefonama

If you are looking for this exhaust it is : Termignoni Exhaust( Part Number Y089) , Hello and Welcome to the Club!
Thank you so much! I will sometimes come on this forum.

It is possible to ask for you the site where I could order this exhaust system to myself to Russia, I am ready to pay it through the Internet.

Last edited:

ginner

XJ6 exhaust.

Made a trip to visit these guys today. stainless steel exhaust system,motorcycle exhausts, custom cruiser, exhaust repair

Having an exhaust made using the existing XJ6 headers, the guys there are making a link pipe and supplying a carbon oval can. They've already done a couple fo other XJ6's so all should be cool. Costing £400 for all the kit and the work, would've been much cheaper if I'd opted for a stainless steel can but the carbon one really stood out.

I'll post some pics and a vid when the work has been done, booked in for early September. I'll be selling my scorpion can too if anyone wants to make a sensible offer ;o). You can see it in the pics of my bike.

jamewatson

I have an Akrapovic exhaust, it is really great and its sound is too good, Akrapovic it most popular brand and they are manufacturing a good quality exhaust, I like it very much and I am happy with Akrapovic.