WTF??? Seriously???

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Bert-Aus

So the engine is ok with E10?

I had wondered if it would be okay but never looked into apart from the manual, Australia doesn't have mandatory Ethanol (as yet -guess it's lucky us:p)

So does the US manual discuss Ehtanol use at all?
(My Aus does not cover the issue what so ever)

Alex6

Motorcyclist has a story on this exact issue. Mentioned the EPA had not tested motorcycles for E15 yet. Also worry that higher level of ethanol could be potentially harmful for the small engines.
If you have a choice, stay away from the gas stations that sell E15, it should be clearly marked.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

Pinarello Rider

I think it's tree huggers too. It's all about their precious "carbon footprint".
I don't believe this is correct. The farm lobby loves it. Treehuggers want less pollution and clean air to breathe and ethanol doesn't do that.

Bert-Aus

Straight outta the FZ6R manual (cheers Milton LOL)

page 4-12
Gasohol
...ethanol content does not exceed 10% (E10)...

pjmac5

I *think* it's not the treehuggers that want E15, it's the corn farmer lobbyists.
Really the Ethanol Lobby came after the Ethanol mandates of 2007. Law makers were desperate to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. Brazil had a lot of success using ethanol so we jumped on the bandwagon. A variety of subsidies were thrown at the project to make it fly.

Well fast forward and there have been unbelievable advances in fracking technology and the US will actually be a net oil exporter by 2017. The need for ethanol is basically dead but the ethanol mandates are still in place and the ethanol lobby doesn't want to let the industry that was thrown together in 2007 die.

Last edited:

BKP

It's not about us, or what's best for the environment, or even the economy. It, now like everything else, is about politics and lobbies, and who's pocket it will line, and what's right be damned. Welcome to the United Republic of Amerika.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Pinarello Rider

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada

I only run 100% gas in my vehicles. After having to replace the entire fuel system on my boat several years ago I'll never run ethanol, at any percentage, in anything I own. Even my damn lawnmower runs on 93 pure gas. lol
You're lucky you have the choice. The nearest 100% petrol station to me is about 3 hours away.

It's not about us, or what's best for the environment, or even the economy. It, now like everything else, is about politics and lobbies, and who's pocket it will line, and what's right be damned. Welcome to the United Republic of Amerika.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk HD
Don't know what the 'k' indicates, but I'd agree with everything else.

MCSafetyGuy

Just pick that up in the news. Some f%$# three huggers decide that E15 is the next big thing. Regular gas FR is 14.7:1, E10 is 14.1:1 then E15 should be around 13.8:1 That's 8% more gas!

So someone explain me where the saving is? Just lost 24 miles on my tank going from regular gas to E15 by example. I'm talking about my bike, not my cage! On my cage it's close to 80-100 mile a tank if I was going to use regular gas compare to E15. Taking in consideration the more corn fuel you put in there... the less energy is being produce. Won't bring up issue like fuel lines and quite not sure about plastic tank??? Fuel pump???

Not cool at all. Hope we will have both fuel available for a while...

Court declines to hear challenge to EPA's stance on E15 gasoline | The Detroit News
Started researching this a couple of months back and found station that sell the pure stuff. NO Eth/Corn!

roundhouse

I *think* it's not the treehuggers that want E15, it's the corn farmer lobbyists.
i agree. the tree huggers are not as well funded and can;t line the pockets of the politicians like the corn beast. corn juice is also an underhanded way of taking care of those pesky older vehicles who's plastic and rubber parts get eaten quickly.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Grumpy

Checked out the list on the 100% fuel list and there isn't anyone remotely close to me. :( However, I have been using the Yamaha Fuel Med Rx fuel treatment in my bike and it noticeably runs a lot better with it.