Wiring,Splice,Headache

jponza

so i got my flush signals, but now i cant figure out how to wire them....the signals only have 2 wires while the connector i cut from the stock signals have 3?? how do i wire these? i have a but splice but honestly idk how to even do that either haha, i have been trying different color combos and ended up blowing the fuse so i just replaced it. i dont want to blow another, any help out there? :confused:

Attachments

jponza

the three colors are blue black and red btw, and the new flushies have a black and white wire

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I have no clue about the colors, but the aftermarket lights only have 2 wires because they will no longer work as running lights. A test light will tell you which is hot.

jponza

The black is ground, or (-) negative. It almost always is. The blue is the running light and the other (green or brown) is the signal. If you hook black to black you can try the other combinations. The problem is that the new signals are not designed to be running turn signals like the stock signals are. That is okay, you just have to live without them. You can hook black to black and white to green or brown (Side dependent) and you will be good.
and the remaining wire? just keep it covered perhaps?

JSP

Super Moderator
and the remaining wire? just keep it covered perhaps?
Fold it over itself, cut the exposed wire, electrical tape it and zip tie it up out of the way.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jponza

ok to correct myself its not a red but a green wire, as said earlier is suppose to be the signal. i tried black/black and white/green. negative on that one =/ doesn't turn on as a running or a blinker. im going to try black/black, and blue/white

jponza

tried it and i got the light to turn on but its just a running light, it doesn't blink when i turn on the signal. the integrated tail light is flashing for the turn though.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SurfJunkie

With aftermarket 2 wire blinkers, they are not "running lamps" and typically will not fucntion as such.

Just wire up the two, and leave the blue/white ( which is the running power line ) disconnected. You will lose the front runners, but who cares ? Ride with your brights on.

NOTE: check your local highway laws to insure it isn't illegal to remove front running lamps on a motorcycle.

jponza

You have 6 wire from both side. 2 should be black (1 each side) Technically the running light should be the same color on each side then the turn signal should be 2 different color...
from the cut wires there are one black, one blue and one dark green, and from the new lights there is one black and one white....what a headache

jponza

With aftermarket 2 wire blinkers, they are not "running lamps" and typically will not fucntion as such.

Just wire up the two, and leave the blue/white ( which is the running power line ) disconnected. You will lose the front runners, but who cares ? Ride with your brights on.

NOTE: check your local highway laws to insure it isn't illegal to remove front running lamps on a motorcycle.
i connected the aftermarket wire with the green and nothing happened at all. with the blue wire its at least a running light...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jponza

On the bike: one side is black, blue and green
other side is black, blue and brown?

new signal: black -> black
white with green and brown (??? L or R)

Just connect the black then leave the signal on. try with your white wire each other wire until it blink...
that was it i had it one the opposite sides that they were suppose to be:facepalm: thanks everyone! no running lights but the blinkers are good to go!!!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

jponza

Yeah, that is what I was trying to get at earlier, you wouldn't have running lights since the new signals aren't able to be ran as running lights. Just remember, Black is almost always ground, and you need a ground and a (+) or positive. With the three wires it is a little confusing, but there is a second (+) which is the running light. You would need to have a three wired signal. They could probably be hooked up as running turns...but they wouldn't flash in the same pattern as the rear. If you want to see what I mean, I had my angel eyes hooked up that way, and they are two wire:

HID Retrofit, Turn Signal LED Angel Eyes - YouTube
nice! i had an extra hid laying around not the full kit just a bulb so im using that for now until i get projectors then ill hit you up! and here is a pic of my new signals =]

Attachments