Windshields

HER2009

Has anyone tried any after-market windshields to reduce some of the wind flow?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

KenS

Yup, Yamaha DB clear w/FZ6R logo ... works better than stock. Nothing dramatic, but better. Also depends on your height for how much difference you feel. Biggest plus besides the reduced buffeting and redirected air flow, is cosmetically it looks much better on the bike than stock. It just looks like it belongs on the bike more so than the stock piece of flat shield.

Last edited:

joloy133

Just installed a DB Clear windshield, using the factory $25 coupon. Must say I'm impressed with the results. Less direct airflow at the chest and helmet as compared to stock, and that includes a freeway stretch at 90 mph (less speedo error). You still have air flow to the shoulders which I'm happy about as both of my jackets have vents there. I get less helmet venting from the reduced airflow but no biggie. I'm 5'9".

HER2009

Thanks so much for all your suggestions/comments; I just finished ordering the DB shield!

Rich007

I have the double bubble windscreen and didn't notice a huge difference between it and the stock one and I am only 5'7". I bought the Zero Gravity one and not the Yamaha one trying to save a buck but is there really any difference in the 2?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Pointman1776

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member