Will plasti-dip screw up my decals?

Ivan_13

I have a copper '11 6r. I have everything plasti dipped black, except for the fairings with the decals on them, as they are pretty much black already. I'm going to be re-plastidipping my bike, since it's starting to look old. However, I'm going to give white a try. I will have to plasti dip the front fairings. Will the plastidip screw up my decals if were to peel off the plasti dip if I ever decide to sell my bike?

pyratio

decals and chrome.

--I would take the decals off. I guess you should think of plastidipping as paint. If the paint doesn't stick to your decals you're gonna have some ugly bubbles and peeling where the decals are. Are you thinking of painting around the decals? I wouldn't try that. I suggest ordering new decals if you like them and then reapplying after plastidipping the fairing. Just my $0.02.

~p

I have a copper '11 6r. I have everything plasti dipped black, except for the fairings with the decals on them, as they are pretty much black already. I'm going to be re-plastidipping my bike, since it's starting to look old. However, I'm going to give white a try. I will have to plasti dip the front fairings. Will the plastidip screw up my decals if were to peel off the plasti dip if I ever decide to sell my bike?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

LS6TT

Alex, I did my tank initially in orange and even after many coats the decals showed through. When I did the fairings I used a base coat. If you are using something dark, no need for the base I'd say. The edges of the decals show a little but go with the lines of the bike so no one will notice.
I'm toying with an OD Green so I figure two base of black will be needed.

LS6TT

I did 3 or 4 light-medium coats of black for a base until nothing showed through. Think OD green is a fantastic choice!
Obsessed with the Ducati monster diesel edition so toying with an od green and black set up. Lots of experience with plastidip rattle cans so figured why not

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member