Who has heated gloves?

Dustin600

I have considered all of the options for keeping my hands warm this winter and have decided to get heated gloves. My winter riding gloves didn't hold up too well last year on my 40 mile commute in 30* weather. What I would really like is battery powered gloves. I want to know if anyone has any kind of heated gloves, who makes them and how well they worked for you. I was considering these.

Venture Battery Powered Heated Motorcycle Gloves - BikeBandit.com

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I have a pair of gerbings and love them. I think the ones I have are called T5's but they are a full gauntlet and I have rode in 12* with them on a streetfighter with no issues. If it wasn't for them I would not have been riding all winter. But they make great products, and back them up with a 100% guarantee. The ones I have are rather thick yet they are still very easy to wear and still have dexterity. The right hand glove did stop working one morning on the way to work but I stopped by the BMW cycle shop where I bought them and they handed me a brand new pair while mine were sent back to gerbings for repairs. A month or so later they called me up to pick up the gloves and let me keep the other ones for free!!! I also have a 1st gear heated jacket liner that I wear under my other jacket and have them hooked up to a gerbings dual controller. During the winter I didn't ever need to turn the gloves on unless it was below 35ish, that also goes to show just how well they are insulated. Plus they are also 100% waterproof, which is great if you happen to get caught off guard.

Sander Koop

Elite Member

Dustin600

I have a pair of gerbings and love them. I think the ones I have are called T5's but they are a full gauntlet and I have rode in 12* with them on a streetfighter with no issues. If it wasn't for them I would not have been riding all winter. But they make great products, and back them up with a 100% guarantee. The ones I have are rather thick yet they are still very easy to wear and still have dexterity. The right hand glove did stop working one morning on the way to work but I stopped by the BMW cycle shop where I bought them and they handed me a brand new pair while mine were sent back to gerbings for repairs. A month or so later they called me up to pick up the gloves and let me keep the other ones for free!!! I also have a 1st gear heated jacket liner that I wear under my other jacket and have them hooked up to a gerbings dual controller. During the winter I didn't ever need to turn the gloves on unless it was below 35ish, that also goes to show just how well they are insulated. Plus they are also 100% waterproof, which is great if you happen to get caught off guard.
Thank you for your review! I wil put them on the top of my list of considerations.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

A Co worker has gerbings...(gloves, vest, and chaps) and swears by them....I just can't pull the trigger on that much money...risk versus reward...

When its that cold...any condensation, puddle and your down...
As long as your smart about it, and be careful it's really not that bad. I've hit a couple patches of black ice, not on purpose of course but as long as you don't freak out and keep calm its all good. I actually know a couple of people who live up north and ride in the snow.

oldtouring b

battery vs electric

I tried both 2 years ago. The set with the battery was thick and clumsy at the top where the battery attached. But most important the amount of heat diminished as the ride went on! Not worth the money in my opinion.

Then came the Gerbing's:) First the new microwire liner and then a pair of Firstgear heated gloves. With a dual controller it is so easy. You can go from warm to well done with the twist of the knob. Great gear..

Dustin600

I keep hearing that the battery powered gloves don't last long for high heat like you said. The gloves that get wired to your bike will last as long as your 12v battery does. I might have to reconsider my choice. Thanks for the input.

Chevyfazer

I keep hearing that the battery powered gloves don't last long for high heat like you said. The gloves that get wired to your bike will last as long as your 12v battery does. I might have to reconsider my choice. Thanks for the input.
The ones that wire up to your bike don't put much drain on the charging system, auxiliary driving lights put more drain on the system then the gloves do. But like butler said as long as the bike is running and you charging system works you'll be fine.

Dustin600

Since this is a hot topic here, I am updating my own thread to say that I got battery powered Mobile Warming textile gloves. I bought the Mobile Warming gloves about three months ago from a dealer. (Yamaha of Camp Hill) The gloves have 5 power settings. (Off-25%-50%-75%-100%) I have a 40 mile commute to work. It takes me about 45 minutes. I have road to work 5 days in a row with the gloves on 50% power before they needed recharging. If you leave them on 100%, they will die in a little over 2 hours. Charging takes 4-6 hours. The manufacturer claims that at 100%, the gloves reach 135F. Because the gloves are battery powered, they won’t make your hands sweat, but they will keep them about body temperature. That’s way better than freezing on those cold days. The coldest I have rode with them so far is 26F and they worked great. I didn't have to run my hands under warm water when I got to work. I considered the Gerbing S2 gloves, but the website specifically states they do not recommend them for motorcycle riding. The Mobile Warming gloves are made for riding. Overall I am very happy with the Mobile Warming gloves.

Here's a link...

Textile Heated Glove || MOBILEWARMING battery heated gloves for Motorsports, Snowsports, Hunting

Dustin600

Since we're getting into the fall riding season I thought I would update my thread again. This time with a customer service experience. I've had my mobile warming heating gloves for two years. Recently I had some issues with them. The insulation in my left hand thumb area was worn to the point that the heating element would blister the skin on long rides. I sent them in to mobile warming to be checked. It turns out that the defect was covered under the lifetime warranty. Within a week of the company receiving them for inspection, I got a brand-new pair of gloves in the mail. I was always happy with the gloves and now with the customer service too.

engineered2win

I have Goretex Klim Element gloves that are basically a spring/fall glove and in combination with my in bar Polly heaters and Zero Gravity Double Bubble screen I can ride to hell if it freezes over. The Double Bubble screen really surprised me in that it directs air around the grip area on the bars. I didn't notice it until it started getting cold. In the spring I had the heated grips cooking below 55*F with my summer Scorpion SGS gloves and my fingertips would still get cold. It's been high 30s/low 40s a couple mornings and I really didn't feel a need to turn the grips on still wearing the SGS'. With the Klim gloves my hands are toasty and dry.