WhiteFZ Interview

WhiteFZ

What do you do for a living?
Independent Lexus Parts Guy

How long have you owned your FZ6?
Well, it's the wife's bike, had it since May of 2011.

What other modes of transport do you have?
85 RX7
02 CBR 954RR

If you could have any bike what would it be?
Brand new 0-mile 05-06 RC51

What are your hobbies apart from the bike?
Playing with my RX7, Sports, hanging with the family

What is the best place you have visited on your travels and why?
Puerto Rico, my homeland

How would you best describe yourself?
Loudmouth, funny, amazingly kind and generous to those I let get close.

What pets have you got?
I don't like animals, and they don't like me, but I do have a Lab/Dacshund mix in the house with me and the fam.

Which invention in history would you most like to have come up with?
Cure for asthma and allergies, oh you mean one already invented? Uhhhh, the rotary engine. Yep.

If you ruled the world, what is the first thing you would outlaw?
Politics.

If you were forced to entertain us all at the Forum Christmas party - what would your talent be?
I can wiggle my ears.

Snow or beach?
Beach. Puerto Rico, duh!

Windows or Mac?
I like natural sunlight, but I don't like McDonald's

F1 or MotoGP?
MotoGP, but I haven't watched either in a long time

Which track or album rocks your boat?
I love 90's and early 00's East Coast hip hop.

What is your favorite film?
Back to the Future

Meat or Veg?
Both

What is your favorite beverage?
Coffee

And finally, your number one rule in life?
Don't try to force your beliefs/views/opinions on me.

Detrich

Have you ever been to Seven Stock Noel? I went once a few years ago, but Mazda has cut back funding for it due to the bad economy...

WhiteFZ

Nah, I never had the money or time to do it. One day I will

Detrich

In all the years I've been a rotary engine fan I've only gone once. That year there was a guy from Washington who drove down in his mint, black FD. On the way, he hit a deer apparently, and his front end took some damage. But he kept going. Talk about dedication. lol.

Hope Mazda doesn't kill the rotary or morph it into some SkyActive hybrid crap that no one wants to buy... lol

WhiteFZ

In all the years I've been a rotary engine fan I've only gone once. That year there was a guy from Washington who drove down in his mint, black FD. On the way, he hit a deer apparently, and his front end took some damage. But he kept going. Talk about dedication. lol.

Hope Mazda doesn't kill the rotary or morph it into some SkyActive hybrid crap that no one wants to buy... lol
The rotary is on it's deathbed, Mazda already killed the RX-8 and has slowed down the rotary development down to just one guy that draws triangles on a notepad for 40hrs a week. Mazda doesn't have Ford's backing anymore and things haven't been the best for Mazda. I don't think the rotary is coming back for a long time, if not ever. I'm sad. But I'll keep my RX7 for as long as I can.

Detrich

Mmm. Good points, but I disagree somewhat still. But only time will tell.

Remember that the RX-7 stayed in production in Japan much longer than
the US... Mazda yanked it from the US mainly cuz ppl here don't understand or appreciate the car, and sales slumped. Same for the RX-8.

Also, there was a significant time gap between when the 7 was retired and when the 8 launched. When the 7 was retired, everyone said it was the end of the rotary too. But, Mazda never gave up and covertly working on the 8...

The rotary is a deep part of Mazda's history. Hopefully, in 5 years we'll see some new exciting coupe in the Shinari RX-9, or a re-introduced RX-7... Only time will tell. :)