white smoke/water

Hale

I was involved in a road rage accident and ended up laying down my bike. I have it looking good again but I am getting a good amount of smoke and water when I rev it some. It's been sitting up for a few months but I am worried it might be more internally. Anyone else experience this, and what did you run into?

Blue-Sun

Elite Member
Did you allow it to fully warm up?
Sitting and moisture in the air create this effect just like you exhaling outside on a cold day... Its condensation. Pretty normal if it stops once the engine is full operating temperature.

BluePill

Did you allow it to fully warm up?
Sitting and moisture in the air create this effect just like you exhaling outside on a cold day... Its condensation. Pretty normal if it stops once the engine is full operating temperature.
+1 Ride it for awhile and see if it stops symptoms. If it's burning coolant, it will smell sweet.

TN6R

If it's coolant smoke/vapor out of the exhaust then it will also linger in the air longer than just condensation and you will notice it smoking more than reasonably expected when at stop signs or stop lights after driving for a while.

As mentioned already, one of the leading symptoms of a head gasket is a snotty milkish looking sludge on the bottom of the radiator cap. Personally I doubt laying your bike over would cause damage to the head gasket unless it was a very hard fall like 'collision' hard...