Which chain lube are you using?

jgelack

Just wondering what you guys use to lube your chains. I've tried quite a few, but still haven't found anything I'm totally happy with. Anyone try Motul chain paste or Dupont chain saver? I haven't tried that one yet, but I've heard mixed reviews.

twebb6778

I use Silkolene Titanium chain lube. I don't feel like it keeps your chain lubed for as long as others, but it's not crazy sticky so it's easier to put on and strip off when cleaning.

Apparently it also works best on a cold chain too, so you don't need to worry about warming your chain when lubing up.

blkbrd

Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

bobjohnson

I use the dupont teflon stuff from lowes. Its more of a chain wax than oil though, which is nice because the rear of my bike doesnt end up completely black with grease after a few weeks. It also kind of cleans the chain as you spray it on so I never really clean my chain with a brush anymore. Downside is you have to put it on more often, with wurth lube i can get away with maybe every 4 or 5 tanks of gas, this stuff its about every tank of gas, maybe 2 at the most. But my chains and sprockets seem to last longer, probably because there isnt a bunch of sand and grit getting caught in the lube and rubbing away at them constantly.