When you're a 6'3" daddy long legs....

sti491

Picked up a sweet 2012 Raven a couple weeks ago with 2,200 miles, always garaged, it's a beauty!

I'm 63 years young with arthritis and multiple back surgeries, so comfort is paramount. It was obvious the seat position was too low for my 36" inseam. Switched the seat to the "High" position. That's about 3/4" higher. That was better, but still not what I wanted. So I modified my setup. Now I am a full 1.5" higher. Also, the seat is much more secure now. Stock it wiggled around quite a bit. Now its perfect!

The problem was it left a huge gap between the seat and the frame. U-G-L-Y! So I fabricated a "gap filler" for both sides. Check it out. I'm happy with it now. Have 1" up and 1" back risers to fit next and I may be done. That should do it for my riding position.

Also did fender delete, integrated tail light, flush front signals, frame sliders, fender hugger and a custom fit tail bag/back pack I'm pretty happy with.

Attachments

BluePill

Or you could just ride like this....

Seriously, nice craftsmanship.:cool:

sti491

I was surprised how wobbly it was in the OEM high position also. Doing this mod it is rock solid. BluePill, I do ride like that sometimes! LOL.

kiggaxwut

Nice job. Looks seamless with the metal plates on the sides. Did you modify the handlebar at all? Seat position isn't really an issue on the high setting for me at 6'2", but even with the bars tilted as close to me as possible it seems like you'd be leaning over even more if you increased the seat height and didn't get some bar risers or something to compensate.

sti491

Yes kiggawut, I have a set of 1" back, 1" up risers that I am going to install. I'm thinking that will make my seating position pretty much perfect for me. I also have played around with the shifter and brake positioning a bit. When your 6'3" you also come with 13W feet! You know what they say about guys with big feet... Big feet, big heart! LOL. A female snowboard instructor told me that as we were discussing my lesson one day. Seriously, if you haven't played around with foot control positioning you should. Made a huge difference for me!

adazine

Premium Member

nesnfred

Yes kiggawut, I have a set of 1" back, 1" up risers that I am going to install. I'm thinking that will make my seating position pretty much perfect for me. I also have played around with the shifter and brake positioning a bit. When your 6'3" you also come with 13W feet! You know what they say about guys with big feet... Big feet, big heart! LOL. A female snowboard instructor told me that as we were discussing my lesson one day. Seriously, if you haven't played around with foot control positioning you should. Made a huge difference for me!
What brand are the handlebar risers? Thank you!