What's the best handlebar setup you've used on the FZ6R?

What's the best handlebar setup you've used on the FZ6R?

• Total voters

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BluePill

Zeta 19mm risers with stock bars on both of my FZ6Rs

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Chris12

Thank you everyone for the replies so far. I can't tell you how many posts I've read on this topic. I previously had my mind set on Fz1 OEM bars, but now I'm having second thoughts. They just don't seem like they'll have enough clearance..

Moderators: if there is any way to add the Renthal Ultra low 758 and a "stock bar with aftermarket risers" to the poll please do so.

Thank you!

hfl358

Thank you everyone for the replies so far. I can't tell you how many posts I've read on this topic. I previously had my mind set on Fz1 OEM bars, but now I'm having second thoughts. They just don't seem like they'll have enough clearance..

Moderators: if there is any way to add the Renthal Ultra low 758 and a "stock bar with aftermarket risers" to the poll please do so.

Thank you!
I'm also thinking about renthal ultra low or rental road sports(0 rise)
but no one running road race

linkgt

Thank you!
I've had the FZ1 handlebars on my bike for a few years now and it's definitely an upgrade from stock, and it's cheap as well. As for the clearance, for me its only a minor issue when I lock the bike (it will still lock, albeit overtime, it will leave a scuff mark on the gas tank due to the screw on the bottom of the horn/turn signal box screw) The screw on the bottom of the ignition control will barely hit the gas tank when you turn it all the way to the right. Maybe there's a way to avoid this, but I personally do not mind it, but others may.

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

jpag

Stock Handlebar

I'm looking for a stock handlebar to replace mine. I looked into different options but I'd rather keep it original. Does anyone here have a stock handlebar for sale?

fazer1

@RJRinker, let me know if you want any others or more closeup. Before these I tried Woodcraft clipons - looked funny with the forks and the naked look, and I also tried clubman bars which were simply too uncomfortable because they were so far forward. Handling was great with the clubmans since my weight was down and forward. Then I found these bars and it's the perfect fit, IMO.

bike-1.jpgbike-2.jpg

RJRinker

@RJRinker, let me know if you want any others or more closeup. Before these I tried Woodcraft clipons - looked funny with the forks and the naked look, and I also tried clubman bars which were simply too uncomfortable because they were so far forward. Handling was great with the clubmans since my weight was down and forward. Then I found these bars and it's the perfect fit, IMO.

View attachment 39427View attachment 39428
Yea I been looking at all of them and yours seems like the ticket. It seems like it gets them lower, but forward as well so you don't tank tap. How's your clearances at full lock? Did you purchase it from that suburban Machinery website?

I also like the looks of this woodcraft clipon adapter. Although I dunno if itd match up to the FZ6R as it's sold for the fz09. If I wasn't so busy I'd make my own adapter.. I do have a CNC an all.. [emoji12] ugh work work work..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

fazer1

Yeah I spent several months and they're the best i've seen, IMO. I have total clearance at full turn, nothing hits on the bars to the tank, if anything it's a few inches lower than stock since the grips are level with the bar where it's mounted, but then also slightly forward. I rode it like that for about 8 months and really liked it. Just dropped the front end about an inch and it rides great now, the handling feels much sharper.

I did get the bars from their website, I think it's a husband/wife duo and I emailed them asking if they'd get more made in the 7/8" and they had one laying around that wasn't listed and I got it. It's the only piece that when people compliment the bike, it's the only one they call out specifically.

Btw, I considered the same clipon adaptor you put above until I found the suburban machinery guys on some weird Ducati forum.

Chris12

This is the first time I've seen this style bar. I really like it, looks like a one piece clip on :D

Installed Trackside 7075 with stock risers today, narrowed the bars an inch on either side. Wide stance, aggressive, tons more leverage, makes me wanna act like a hooligan even more. Can’t recommend this style bar enough for the 6r!

MisterMyxlplyx

I know this is an old thread so it's probably dead but... Did those bars work with the fairing on? Anyone...Anyone....Bueller....Bueller