What stand do I need

bubbazaay

How should I lift my fz6r so I can remove the front wheel.
I bought a brand new wheel and had the dealer put the wheel on for 60 and the wheel was 250 and it doesn't ride right. What tools do I need to lift or what stand or jack.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bubbazaay

Since your already here. What can cause a tire to turn in when I trying to lean in a corner. It's hard for me to explain. Kinda of acts like the tire is flat and it just wants to immediately turn the wheel fully inward

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

How should I lift my fz6r so I can remove the front wheel.
I bought a brand new wheel and had the dealer put the wheel on for 60 and the wheel was 250 and it doesn't ride right. What tools do I need to lift or what stand or jack.
Are you the guy who dented the rim on a low side?

If you are & your new wheel now 'feels funny' I'd reccomend you get the forks & triple clamp checked to ensure they are straight!

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

sunny23

"don't lift the front by itself."dart

Dart1963 is this because it might roll on you? I was looking to get just the front stand to save money. Maybe I could put two jacks under the foot pegs like you do prior to lifting the front? Or could I just put chucks on both sides of the rear tire so it doesn't move?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

D52

Thanks for the bump guys! It saved me from searching for this thread to find the proper pin size.

xinu

I just received my Venom triple tree stand. Of course it wasn't shipped with a 21mm pin. I called some of the bike parts places in my area. The pin was going to cost half as much as the stand. So I took the 13mm pin (about 1/2" diameter) and long 1/2" socket with the socket barrel diameter measuring just slightly under 21mm. I attached the socket to the 13mm pin (it fits nicely on the pin) and used the socket to insert in the triple tree hole. It works well and you don't need to remove the horn. There is enough height with socket attached to pin so the horn is not an obstacle. The angle of the lift arm is changed due to socket height difference when compared to just using a pin. This allows for lifting with the horn in place. You will notice the lift arm will press against underside of the light but with not enough force to damage.

Last edited: