What is a moderated forum?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

DragonBlu

You boys are scaring me just a little. I was talking about things like women and Vodka and things like that. :D

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious... is there a reason as to why the forum needed to be defined, either way??

As long as people aren't being profane or posting adult images, is there a valid reason to edit a post or close a thread??

Is it a requirement that individuals must be friendly to one another to post a thought, opinion or comment??

Is it OK to disagree with a fellow poster or moderator??

Is there a forum rule against the concept of "agreeing to disagree" on a matter or subject??

I think we are adult enough to accept varying opinions and thoughts. Doesn't that concept promote new thought and introspection??
You would think that to be the case. But this year alone has proven that not to be true. The reason for needing to define the forum as being moderated is to serve as a reminder that, while we aren't here to censor everything that leads to disagreements, we are here to make sure that the discussions remain cordial. On a great number of occasions, individuals have resorted to attacking other members over seemingly trivial reasons. The displayed behavior has been grossly childish and immature. We as mods and admin step in when things are getting out of hand, or the attacks have gone too far and for too long. We don't want to ban people for this type of behavior, but when repeated warnings are not heeded, that's what we'll do to ensure that this forum remains a friendly environment. Remember, this is not a government run forum; ergo, the owner has the right to clean up any remarks deemed unfit or inappropriate within the mission of the forum. In the forum rules, there is a list of topics that are disallowed, as well as behavior that will necessitate disciplinary action.

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator