What did you do to your bike today?

Griff88

Rode it.

Got my license yesterday but couldn't tax it as insurance dragged their asses sending paperwork over.

Taxed it this morning then done 35 miles locally in pouring down rain. So much nice to ride an the Kawasaki I learnt on. Almost no vibes compared to the twin. Although I had a 650 single rotax quad before... That thing vibes like hell.

Planning on riding Saturday and Sunday to get some more miles under my belt.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

BigRobb

Just got my Marthy Danmoto exhaust set up. :) night and day difference. Best mod I ever made. Thanks to Martin for making it happen!

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk 4

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

xleeb0y13x

Started goofing off with some plasti dip. Finished the front fender but it has to finish drying before seeing the final results. Got the matte gun metal. If this works out good the rest of my plastics will follow.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381025991.564402.jpg

Sent while running with scissors.

BoneJj

Riccochet

Getting ready for a long sunday morning ride out to one of the local lakes for some breakfast. Then up to the mountains for some twisties.

DevlDog

Took my rear tire off in preparation to get the Q3 mounted. Looking forward to it. Had a Q2 before. Im eager to compare :)

deceptive gt

Ordered some Turbulent Black Flushmounts, Spidergrips Peak grips, have a 12V to install, installed a K&N filter, have a Driven 17T front sprocket, and waiting on my ZX6 mirrors.

Oh yeah, also waiting for the title from the persons bank I bought it off of to get my plates.

2013 Fz6r satin

Ordered some Turbulent Black Flushmounts, Spidergrips Peak grips, have a 12V to install, installed a K&N filter, have a Driven 17T front sprocket, and waiting on my ZX6 mirrors.

Oh yeah, also waiting for the title from the persons bank I bought it off of to get my plates.
wow...you have been busy!!

deceptive gt

wow...you have been busy!!
I have a problem with not modifying my rides. The Ranger, the Mustang, my wife's Focus, and now the Bike all have been upgraded at least a tad.

jfont

This weekend I cleaned the whole undercarriage of my bike. I recently had my 600 mile service done and there are two possibilities

A) The lube the shop used sucked and they didn't pat the chain dry so tons of lube flung everywhere.

B) The overfilled oil reservoir and the extra pressure caused oil to leak everywhere. Sludge was at angles around the filter that makes me feel like oil leaked from the filter seal rather then fling from the chain.

I drained the ridiculously overfilled oil(see picture of where the level was at).
Reading online I have to check the spark plugs and airbox. On the drivers right side there was clean oil leaking. Found the highest point where I saw oil and its a bolt on the engine. Fear the seals are ruined now too...

I had to go back to college so I haven't taken a ride since cleaning it to look for any more leaking. What makes it worse though is that I'm at over 1k miles now(one long trip back from the dealer and one big trip to Shenandoah National Park). I didn't check the oil before the trip cause I just had a service and trusted their work.

Attachments

Last edited:

BigRobb

This weekend I cleaned the whole undercarriage of my bike. I recently had my 600 mile service done and there are two possibilities

A) The lube the shop used sucked and they didn't pat the chain dry so tons of lube flung everywhere.

B) The overfilled oil reservoir and the extra pressure caused oil to leak everywhere. Sludge was at angles around the filter that makes me feel like oil leaked from the filter seal rather then fling from the chain.

I drained the ridiculously overfilled oil(see picture of where the level was at).
Reading online I have to check the spark plugs and airbox. On the drivers right side there was clean oil leaking. Found the highest point where I saw oil and its a bolt on the engine. Fear the seals are ruined now too...

I had to go back to college so I haven't taken a ride since cleaning it to look for any more leaking. What makes it worse though is that I'm at over 1k miles now(one long trip back from the dealer and one big trip to Shenandoah National Park). I didn't check the oil before the trip cause I just had a service and trusted their work.
That's pretty messed up man! Id give them a piece of my mind.

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk 4

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bloodypulp

Right. No more dealership service for me. Trouble everytime . Get a service manual and diy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Riccochet

Wife says I can buy a new bike. Looks like I'll be getting a new '14 GSXR1000 once the dealer gets them in. I tried to talk her in to riding the 6R, but she's in love with a white '11 GSXR600. So, I'm not quite sure of the fate for my bike. I might just keep it for the simple fact that it's paid off and it's still new. Only 1300 miles on the damn thing. lol. Maybe I'll try and sell it privately if anything. *shrug*