Well she got me at a stop sign!!!!!!

zig308

I got rear-ended in my car a week and a half ago and all I could think was that I was glad that I wasn't on my bike.

Glad you're ok.

Chip

Wow.. glad to know you are ok, it could have been a lot worse! at least now you have an excuse for a FE :)

btastarsky

I almost got rear ended a while back. I stopped for a red light and heard the car behind me lock up the brakes. I had a feeling that she wasn't gonna stop in time, so I just ran the light. As I looked in my rear view mirror, the cage driver managed to stop where my front wheel would have been (or so it appeared in the mirror). As a police officer, I think that the test for getting a license to drive needs to be harder, and elderly people need to get retested every 3 years or so. But then again, my $.02. Glad you're ok. As a friend of mine told me after my high side "Don't let this scare you away from riding. Jump back on and work yourself back into your old rhythm".

bikerchick13

I rode home after the rearend,I also took it out today and the wheel seems to be fine also.It's still steady with my hands off the grips, no wobble.I went about 90 miles on it today and after I took off the finder,there are two scratches on the sides of the seat plastic.But other than that it's realy in great shape.I thank God for His safety! Everyone Plz be safe! And thanks for all of your concern.

Last edited:

PhatPhizzixxer

I rode home after the rearend,I also took it out today and the wheel seems to be fine also.It's still steady with my hands off the grips, no wobble.I went about 90 miles on it today and after I took off the finder,there are two scratches on the sides of the seat plastic.But other than that it's realy in great shape.I thank God for His safety! Everyone Plz be safe! And thanks for all of your concern.
Glad you're ok...I don't know if you saw the thread I posted recently about getting rear-ended also...it happened April 16. I feel a bit timid now when I ride. I will, however, avoid that particular intersection as it's a very bad one!

tractorboy

This is why I hesitate to do anything with my lights.......t/l that is......Im also think of the flashing brake to...BUT.......
If they aint looking..they aint gonna see nothin!! i always fixate in my mirror until the TOTALLY stop!!

way too many Rear endings here this year!! Been 4 locals killed already here in Rochester NY this year by cagers. well 3...one ran into a tree?????

Thanks and atleast you came out of it ok!!

bikerchick13

Thanks again everyone for your concern.We were all sitting right in line behind each other.And she had stopped 3 times before she ran into me.Think she thought I was going to do a rolling stop but I did a complete stop like we are supose to do and she just gave it some gas and there I was.Thanks again. Ride Safe!!! Didn't let it get to me,Rode back home after the wreck,rode sunday,monday.It's in my blood,can't stop now. :Sport:

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

SLC

Glad to hear you are ok. I wasn't so lucky. Damage to my bike is $3500 and I spent the night in ICU.

I started taking her apart today to replace the crash parts.

bikerchick13

Glad to hear you are ok. I wasn't so lucky. Damage to my bike is $3500 and I spent the night in ICU.

I started taking her apart today to replace the crash parts.
I'm sorry about your bike,but I'm glad that you are ok. when did this happen?