Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Z3roFlaw

My keys under the rear seat & thought all was good only to freak out when I got home & couldn't find them. It turns out there is this little hole under the seat which goes into the fairings/battery compartment. I guess me hitting the gas pushed my keys into the hole but I was freaking out thinking they were gone forever.. Makes note to self, not to put keys under the rear seat....

Sheesh that was scarey...

PS: See how my title got you to open this thread? :p
Lol you got me. I was bracing for the worst. I would have been freaking out too. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rookasaki

So off topic here but I have to ask, it's killing me... Anthony, was your wrist associated with the 200 mph club?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Rookasaki

My top speed was GPS confirmed at 200.4 MPH. This took place on a closed course (private airport runway). There were several of us that had the opportunity to try. Some had done it several times & I couldn't resist after being invited. Runway was extremely clean/clear. One guy hit 203.7 mph on an 09, however he had block off plates & a straight pipe.

What did it take for me to get there?

ECU was flashed, remapped & de-restricted. Rev limiter was also raised. New Iridium Plugs, Air Box mod & over inflated tires. Also, no wind & quite frankly, some BALLS...

It took me many runs to get it. I kept running out of roadway as the first couple of runs clocked 190, 197, 198, 198 & 198 yet again lol. It adds a mph every 1/1.5 seconds after 190. However to get to 190 is nothing on this thing even with my weight. The trick for us was to get up to about 70mph before actually hitting the runway as it was only so long so we started at the hangar, went through the sweeping turn then WOT. Also, I red lined every gear all the way up with the rev limiter raised by 200 rpm's. Had I had another 3 or 4 seconds of road i think I could have hit 202. Also, I only kept a gallon of fuel in the tank to try to drop a few lbs compared to full.

I ride with a local club & they mainly ride Busa's. If the road is long enough, Any stock gen2 can hit 200mph with some tweeking and bolt on mods. Of course, the flash & derestriction is a must along with the rev limiter. The gen1's need alot to get that extra 14mph from the start of capped 186 to the club. Keep in mine the gen1 is 1300 but the gen2 is 1340.

The bike is restricted to 186 by the factory but you can get to 186 in 5th gear so ounce you de-restrict it & kick in 6th gear, forget about it:D

I was barely over the hump at 200.4 but it counts. The chick is either pregnant or she's not. No sort of :) .Since it was a closed course & we had permission to be there, it was all legit.

PS: After 180, you can't feel the pavement below you. It's an odd feeling that I just can't describe. Also, you have tunnel vision like a MOFO & it gets narrower & narrower with every additional MPH.
You have certainly earned the balls of steel award my friend. Achieving 200 mph must be pretty cool to brag about. You did it completely legal and in a safe controlled environment, which shows your character and concern for others safety. I topped mine out at 160mph, that's all she had. I can certainly agree with the tunnel vision effect. Stuff becomes nothing but a blur. You didn't happen to catch the speed runs on video did you?

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Bert-Aus

Sorry back to OG thread...
if you drop something metal (down) the chasm try a magnetised screwdriver to retrieve it... how do I know this, installing my FE, washers were knocked sliding back there...

Ok back to the tangent boasting, big fella that shit is fast for bloke of you size:eek: Do you think if you hung your elbows out too far you would get airborne at that speed?