Weighted Bar Ends for Woodcraft Clip-ons

rregal

I found these weighted Bar Ends Heavy Weighted on Ebay for 24.95 + 6.95 shipping under the title "Black Vibration Reducing Bar Ends Heavy Weighted Handlebar Slugs Suzuki" sold by luckybike-accessories . They have a website
Suzuki Bar Ends - Bar Ends
The bar ends are made out of steel and are close in weight to the OEM ends. They come with an aluminum spacer that did not fit the ID of the clip-ons so I made some spacers using facet washers purchase from the hardware store under 2 bucks. They work well eliminating nearly all vibration.

DSCF1648.jpg

DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

DSCF1654.jpg

Last edited:

Kdubb223

Nice! my woodcrafts vibrate a lot and been looking for some bar ends.

kvc25

Did you use the faucet washers to keep the bar ends in place? Or does it actually thread into something?

rregal

The faucet washers were size selected for a slip fit inside the bar allowing the bar end to butt up to the bar without a gap. They provide a solid mount for the full length of the bolt shaft eliminating wobble. The center rubber compression spacer was a tight fit, I used silicon spray lubricant on it to keep it from deforming as I tapped the assembly into the bar with a rubber mallet. Once mounted the bolt is tighten expanding the rubber compression spacer inside the bar yielding a very solid mount.

Below is a link to a good explantion on how bar ends work to reduce vibration.

How do bar-end weights change the resonant frequency and reduce vibration?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BradSPE

When using these I was not able to get them tight enough where they did not spin and if I attempted they started creeping out. Any thoughts or is the same results y'all got?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

kvc25

When I did it, the left side went in pretty smoothly without a hitch and seems to be in there real tight with no turning (although if I really tried, it would obviously start to turn). But it would take real effort to remove the bar end on that side. The right side however I ran into issues with the rubber not being able to fully get into the end of the bar. Then when I went to tighten it kinda got all distorted and that lead to the bar end coming out with heavy vibration (not a huge deal because I could just tap it back in but I ended up just taking that side out and putting the original woodcraft end cap in). I'm gonna try the actual woodcraft weighted bar ends I saw on their website. They seem a little sturdier.

BradSPE

Yeah, I can get them in. They just want to start popping out once I tighten the screw a bit. I have them both in at the moment and decently secure. More to come on there ability to stay put.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

TexanFZ6R

First off... thank you OP. This saved me the trouble of making stock ends work or having something custom made.

Second, the faucet washers are not necessary. If you flip the spacer around, the ends will slide into the clip ons. I wasn't able to tighten them down with the faucet washers. Flipped that sucker around, the popped in, tightened them down snug and they don't move at all.

Haven't had a chance to ride with them yet but I'm hoping for a significant decrease in vibrations. If that doesn't do it, I'll order a set of those grip puppies.