walkaround and exhaust note

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

b6r

I just "watched" the video a second time only with my eyes closed. I can't get over that sound! What did you do?
Thanks.

I did the stock exhaust mod. With a rolled thicker exhaust tip.
this is the one I bought
Custom Exhaust Tip, 7-in. | Canadian Tire

On the stock exhaust, i did 2inch cut out with a 2.25 tip. If cut too big it will sound a little different as I've heard a local fz6r with a 2.5inch cut and a 2.85inch thin metal tip.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

buzzbomb

Elite Member

JBAX

I too would like to know exactly what you did and how much it costed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDFultz

Me too! Sounds awesome. I can't afford a thousand dollars for a new full exhaust. I live in Florida and the older people are constantly pulling out in front of me so a louder exhaust would help tons.

LDFultz

buzzbomb

Elite Member
J

JohnnyWatts

Sorry, bro. If a louder exhaust helps, no Harley rider would ever die. The oblivious teen texting to her girlfriend is just oblivious.

Same holds true for every other reason cars hit motorcycles. If all it took was being loud? Yeah, that'd be awesome.
That's like saying because helmets don't protect against back injury, don't wear a helmet.

Loud pipes aren't going to make everyone realize you're there. But on occasion it might. I'm on stock right now, and I have seen people suddenly realize I'm there as they pull out, but only when I'm way too close for comfort. Louder pipes would've gotten their attention further away.

I'm going to do the stock exhaust mod soon. I'll report back if my hypothesis is correct.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

b6r

I too would like to know exactly what you did and how much it costed.

Me too! Sounds awesome. I can't afford a thousand dollars for a new full exhaust. I live in Florida and the older people are constantly pulling out in front of me so a louder exhaust would help tons.

LDFultz
i know a local fz6r rider, he did the same exhaust mod too. but our bikes sounds different. his bike is more "loud", mine is more well... what you are hearing in the video.

initially i wanted the same thing done, but i am "weird", i wanted to try things out, i was thinking.. my car exhaust sounds better in small long tunnels LOL hmm... so i tested smaller cut with 2 different pipes and different length, thickness, and I'm happier with my way of doing it... cost me 70$ in total.

anyway i put together these 3 pictures, hope this helps.
(** i don't have pictures of his exhaust, but he copied what that guy did in the picture)

Attachments

b6r

Go for it. "Louder pipes saves lives." is an old argument. I've said before that multiple flashing lights and a bullhorn won't help if the driver of the other vehicle is oblivious.

Heck, those drivers don't even move over for emergency vehicles, because they do not know they are there. They've got their stereo cranked up or are on their phone or just don't care or whatever.

The best defense is constant vigilance and ATTGAT. Period.
i tell people that too, sirens from a fire truck is way louder and yet people don't GTFO so yeah, i agree with you on that 100%.

and i didn't modified my exhaust to be "loud". i wanted a nice sound .... a proper "sport bike" sound for myself that's closer to what i heard on those race bikes lol ... i know :zombie:

Haven68

I like that sound as well, but I went ahead and did a full two bros system and fuel commander... Here is a quick clip, I recently finished all my modding with woodcraft clip ons, it is like riding a whole new bike!!! https://vimeo.com/126408117

buzzbomb

Elite Member

b6r

I like that sound as well, but I went ahead and did a full two bros system and fuel commander... Here is a quick clip, I recently finished all my modding with woodcraft clip ons, it is like riding a whole new bike!!! https://vimeo.com/126408117

that looks and sounds nice. but i can't justify spending $1300 (two bro + commander) on an exhaust mod for the fz6r lol. i like my $70 mod better.

Haven68

Mine was a full system from header back, I'm not sure if you could use a slip on for the fz6r but I may be wrong, I have seen a few people just cut stock exhaust off and weld new ones on.