Venom Headlift and Spool Lift w/ T-Rex Spool Adapters

Spanky's Monkey

So to get to the point I'm impressed with how well the system works and the stability of the bike once lifted in place. I did purchase the T-Rex FZ6R Spool Adapters for use with the Venom Spool Lift. No need to really speak on the T-Rex adapters as they are pretty much straight forward.

The Venom Spool Lift is an awesome paddock stand for the price. Initially the product seemed underwhelming as I assembled it. I though to myself this thing is not very heavy and may not hold the weight of the bike. Boy was I completely wrong. The FZ6R was 100% sturdy on the stand and didn't budge when I forcefully gave the rear end a shake to test for wobble. Venom states not to mount the bike or start it on the stand. I assume this is lawyer speak for covering their asses if you screw up. Well I had to start the bike during my coolant flush and fill and the stand showed no signs of ill will. I also mounted the bike on the Spool Lift to get my shifter and rear brake levers adjusted for my 6'3" body and with a combined 654lb weight again the stand didn't give up the ghost.

The Venom Headlift while it certainly does work for the FZ6R it does require some work. First off I had to purchase the Pin Kit #2 in order to get the 20mm pin that the FZ6R requires to use a triple tree. The entire front fairing and headlamp assembly needs to be removed and the horn needs to come off as well. Now this does not personally scare me as I am a home mechanic and these tasks were simple easy jobs that required little extra time to actually accomplish. If you were to attempt to raise the front end with the front fairing on you will quickly realize the faring and headlamp are about 2" lower the the triple tree. Following through with the lift will surely break some things. With the front fairing out of the way the the bike lifts easily and is very stable once off the ground. The Headlift allows you to rotate the wheels to some degree and facilitates removal of the brake calipers. This in turn makes front wheel removal a breeze. The bike felt extremely stable on the Headlift and Spool Lift platform and I did give her a good shake to be sure. I did not mount the bike while on the Headlift an wouldn't advise it even though I felt on the system alone the FZ6R wasn't going anywhere.