Trying to install an aftermarket exhaust

rickysol

I've been reading that the cheapest way going about installing an exhaust system is to use the R6 headers plus a slip on exhaust. I want to know what year of the R6 should I get to fit my 2014 FZ6R?

mrtho1

Same, except I have a 2013, although I doubt there is a difference. Looks like most R6 headers will work, although I've seen some references to bending or having a muffler shop make you a 'sleeve' for oil pan clearance. Past that can I just google 'R6 slip on' for options? Anyone have any R6 slip on recommendations (easy is best, I'm not much of a grease monkey).

derf1278

I've been reading that the cheapest way going about installing an exhaust system is to use the R6 headers plus a slip on exhaust. I want to know what year of the R6 should I get to fit my 2014 FZ6R?
It looks like 03-05 r6 headers fit with a little fabrication around the oil pan. I just having a local shop cut the cat off my oe system and weld in a slip on with an adapter.

rickysol

Thank you

Thanks for the info guys. I will let you know how it goes when i install the R6 headers and which slip on i choose to use.

mrtho1

This looks pretty promising:

FZ6R Race Exhaust 2009 - 2014

It was mentioned in another thread. Costs a bit more than most R6 headers on ebay, but built specifically for the FZ6R, hopefully no bending/modding/sleeves. I've got some mail out to them to try to figure out what slipons are compatible.

--m

DiHydro

This looks pretty promising:

FZ6R Race Exhaust 2009 - 2014

It was mentioned in another thread. Costs a bit more than most R6 headers on ebay, but built specifically for the FZ6R, hopefully no bending/modding/sleeves. I've got some mail out to them to try to figure out what slipons are compatible.

--m
I have these after getting Marthy's kit, and they are vastly nicer, and easier to install. The price is a bit higher, but worth it for a full stainless system that bolts up, and gives you slip on choices like nothing else!

mrtho1

Is there a list of known slip ons that are compatible with the MJS headers? Most slip ons are listed by make/model and not output diameter. Trying to figure out what the slip on options are.

Bert-Aus

Most slipons work to a 50mm/ 2"OD pipe, even bigger bikes.
Just confirm with the supplier what the inlet size is when ordering

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

mrtho1

Aight then, last stupid question. If most slipons work to a 50mm/2" OD pipe, should I still stick with the R6 slipons for fit/placement or does anything go, i.e. Are ninja or gsxr slipons an option or is the geometry too far off to be able to connect it to the bike? Thanks!