Super Moderator
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

12fz6rblack

Runs on Jet A fuel lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

BoneJj

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006IBD39U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B006IBD39U&linkCode=as2&tag=floridacom06-20]Amazon.com: MSR Dragonfly Stove: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

my bad, fixed

JSP

Super Moderator
I have a little soda can stove. Cool little guy.

These are not my pics: I can get some actual of mine later if desired. Can google Soda Can Stove for lots of pics and directions on how to make yourself. Just get some mesh wire or something to set a pan on above the stove and you are cooking with fire! Some just set the pan right on top, but I like it lifted off a little bit. Some chicken fence wire or something works good. Just pour some denatured alcohol in, light it and you good to go.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

It is, if you camp out of a truck you can bring a real grill lol.We at least have a bike to hold the weight, unlike backpackers or mountain climbers.It would be wierd if we traveled with less gear than a person on the summit of Everest.
well put, I personally really like the MSR dragonfly, it just does the work right. It can be a little loud but a simple mod or 2 and it's good to go. The dragonfly has much better control over the flame. I'd rather have the ability to refill my tank easily vs when I run out I'm out... That's not cool at all.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Riccochet

Penny stoves have been around forever. Used to use them when backpacking for weeks on end.

As for the MSR, it's a nice stove as well. Similar, but a little cheaper, is the Colmann Peak1. Just another butane stove.

I also refuse to buy anything at REI. They sell good products, but are horribly over priced. I call it the place where yuppies that don't know any better buy their outdoor products. That MSR stove can be found elsewhere on the internet for $35 instead of the $59 that REI wants.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

BoneJj

You can use pvc to make a tube to hold fishing rods.You can also use one to store tent poles.I haven't tried this yett but it looks useful.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 4
I rather like that idea. I've been thinking of ways that I could get a rod on my bike without looking mostly idiotic with it sticking up in the air.... lol.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member