Trade my 2012 FZ6R for Vstar 950, late model vstar1100, Kaw 900 Custom

Pvee

I am in the looking stage and if a cruiser deal comes along of an equal value, I might trade.

I love the Fz6R for the weight, performance and handling , but after a 2 hour ride, my back, butt and arms hurt.... I am old....lol

It's stock, plus the Seat Concepts.com seat is new and not broken in yet.

My Bike is a White 2012 FZ6R...4800 miles .........

Chucker

If you like the weight, performance, and handling, why not move to an adventure bike? They have all of that with a more upright riding position. I don't have anything against cruisers, but they aren't going to give you any of the 3 things you like about your FZ6R.

defiant26

How did that seat work out for ya? Would you be willing to part with it?

latony007

How did that seat work out for ya? Would you be willing to part with it?
Obviously not that well if he wants to get rid of the bike :)
I would give consideration to Dirt Road custom seats, mine is a lot better than the stock, i can usually go about 3-4 hours before i even start to notice it. Now i also have a cruiser (suzuki c50) with a mustang seat on it and its definitely more comfy but i still cant spend all day in it. I almost got that vstar 950 but the HP was not really any better than my 805 and in the years i was looking the suzuki was fuel injected and the kawi carbed.

Pvee

Most adventure bikes have a pretty high seat which I don't care for.
I lowered the front of my Fz6r about 3/4 inch.

The Seat Concepts seat is nice but firm, very firm. I am hoping it softens up with use.

I don't want to take a passenger on the FZ6r because of the rear seat height and that extra weight up high. Not a big item but it comes up from time to time.

I'm 74 years old and have been riding for 50 years.

I might end up getting a second bike, but if no deal comes along that's ok also.

Bert-Aus

Pvee I hope that I am still riding at your age!
I am sure you could teach us all more than a few tricks

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

Pvee I hope that I am still riding at your age!
I am sure you could teach us all more than a few tricks

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
Amen to that! 74 and still riding a sport bike?? Thats awesome but hell yes i would dump the sport bike and at least get a cruiser and to be honest i would get a can am spyder if you can afford it. i know everyone is like boo but my brother has one and its nothing like a regular trike. When you get a chance to do 500 miles on it like i have you will be amazed at how well they handle. i took it up Angeles crest highway a couple times just absolutely hauling the mail, its a different deal when your not worrying about falling... no low siding, high siding, errant rocks, sand patches, wet spots etc.

Pvee

Thanks,
I have had some sporty bikes. Like a BMW 1150R and a VMAX.

I tend to like sporty, And for an older guy a sport bike is a good choice if the seat height is acceptable.

Being light, makes it easy to handle in parking lots and slow speed situations.

Three years ago I sold my Streetglide because I was convinced I was through riding.

A few months later my wife was at my granddaughters house and a friend had stored a 1981 Yamaha XVS920 ( like Virago ) with 32,000 miles on it and he wanted to sell it.

My wife bought it ( surprise to me) and my other son in law trailered it here...!!!

Make a long story short, I fixed it up and sold it to a guy in California and bought something newer that I could trust more and I was back to riding again..!!!

latony007

thats awesome. Great wife! :) I hear what you mean about the weight, my cruiser is a pig and a pain to maneuver at low speeds. Another advantage of the spyder, reverse lol.